Time To Get Back On Topic - Read Before Doing Any More Posting

Mike

Folks, discussion of these ongoing shutdowns is VERY IMPORTANT to those who are involved in them. I am going to demand that the utmost of respect is given to this subject when it is being discussed in the 2008 Shutdown Forum.
  • If you want to talk against the idea of a shutdown, do it in one of the many other forums we have here.
  • If you want to talk about politicians and oil, do it in one of our other forums, unless the actual topic is directly related to the shutdown. In most cases, while it is generally related because high oil costs = high fuel costs, the topics are not directly related to Shutdown Discussion. So please, continue with posting these things, but lets keep it out of the 2008 Shutdown Forum.
  • The long thread - I killed it. Trying to follow the discussion in that thread was simply giving me a headache. There had to be at least 50 different topics being discussed, and none of them getting the attention they deserve.
  • Make a new thread for new topics - If there is a topic to be discussed regarding these shutdowns, make a new thread for it rather than just responding to something unrelated.
And finally, if you are lurking in the 2008 Shutdown Forum for no other reason than to be a troll and talk against it, do yourself a favor and stop now. This specific forum is for those who are participating and supporting the shutdown, and as mentioned in the beginning of this post, I am going to demand that they are given the utmost respect in this forum. Feel free to talk against it in the other forums we have here, and anyone that wants to debate it with you may do so in those forums, providing it is done in an adult matter.

And in closing, to address comments made regarding language, this is a forum for truck drivers. This is not a forum for kids. If someone uses some occasional foul language, so be it. This isn't the Disney Channel. However, if this becomes abused and/or if someone is doing it too much, we will talk to that person privately.

If you have a problem with a post, report it. All you have to do is go to the post in question, and click on this icon -
report.gif
, and give a description of your issue with the post. This works much better than fighting within a thread. As soon as a thread is reported, the staff here will be notified.

Why was this post made? Because we are trying to offer you a powerful and lenient tool within this forum to get the word out on these shutdowns, and much of that potential power is being wasted by unneeded arguing, off topic posts, and possibly a lack of understanding of how the forums work (for those who are new to forums). If you don't understand something, ask us. Just click the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page, and I will do my best to answer your questions.

Agreed..... Is the Shutdown thread now to remain closed for good, & if so, will another be opened?

That thread is closed permanently as there are about 50 different discussions going on in that one thread.

We have an entire forum here, called the "2008 Shutdown Forum" for you guys to discuss the shutdown. Make new threads, as mentioned above for every topic you discuss.

I created this area of the forum so you folks have a place to discuss the shutdown, without using one thread.

The more threads you guys create regarding the shutdown, and the better discussion you guys can get going in each of those threads, the better the results are going to be for this and future shutdowns.

Just remember this rule of thumb:
One thread for each topic, not one thread for several topics.

If there is a topic in that closed thread you want to revive, create a new thread specifically for that topic.

Bandit has created a new thread for the shutdown of May 5th. Use those threads for comments specifically related to those dates.

Remember, if you are bringing in a new topic, don't put it in that threads. Give it it's own thread. That is how you are going to get the best discussion for that topic and keep things flowing better.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread