Thermoking Tripac Evolution

Mike

Anybody here running the Thermoking Tripac Evolution on their truck? The Kenworth t680 that I will be taking delivery on tomorrow is equipped with one and I was just wondering how well they seem to work, and how they are holding up.

I took a peak inside the APU and it looks very easy to maintain. Filers are right there in easy reach.

Maintenance interval for the unit is every 2000 hours.

Kind of happy to be moving back to a diesel powered APU. Electric was ok, but there are times when you need an apu to last longer than 8-10 hours, not to mention it did nothing for charging the batteries.

13,000 btu air conditioning, 7500 btu diesel powered heater.

I believe that's the reason why.

Don't know if it's exclusive to my authority but their new ones go 8 hours and quit. They've been replacing groceries at an alarming rate.

@Mike I still have your application.

For your protection I should bring you into my realm.

I have an Evolution and the only thing I don't like is those stupid knobs on the controller. I wish they would have stayed with the same old controller that was on the others. Personally I think Evolutions are ugly on the outside. The old ones were so much more attractive

You can get the HMI control panel for about $300. Just switch them out. More and more fleets were asking for ways to lock out operators from making changes to the settings.

You can put the urine burner on any tripac if you desire. I was told it's a $1500 option. I'd buy the previous version to the evolution before I got an evo. They still are available.

id'e go the generator route and buy a portable AC unit and a ceramic heater!! and have a homemade apu for under 2000 and heck id'e buy the steel box and lock to lock it down with so it don't walk away and i'm still under 3000 bucks:p. and if the genset breaks beyond repair toss it and buy another and go on with life.

id'e go the generator route and buy a portable AC unit and a ceramic heater!! and have a homemade apu for under 2000 and heck id'e buy the steel box and lock to lock it down with so it don't walk away and i'm still under 3000 bucks:p. and if the genset breaks beyond repair toss it and buy another and go on with life.
Fire that thing up next to me when I'm trying to sleep & I'll disembowel you & feed your corpse to a flock of cannibalistic Prius owners.
:gun3:

Fire that thing up next to me when I'm trying to sleep & I'll disembowel you & feed your corpse to a flock of cannibalistic Prius owners.
:gun3:
I don't buy them loud ass whiney gensets:thefinger:. and when they break theres no parts on no one to fix em cause there cheaply made in china. a Yamaha or a Honda inverter is as low as i'll go;)

I don't buy them loud ass whiney gensets:thefinger:. and when they break theres no parts on no one to fix em cause there cheaply made in china. a Yamaha or a Honda inverter is as low as i'll go;)
My generator, the one I use to power the house during power outages, is loud as hell but it's Briggs & Stratton with Generac generator head. Probably still made in China but parts are available here.

I've seen those Honda ones run. They're really quiet but not very big.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread