Thermo King unit - Won't cycle off

jd24

Anyone ever experienced TK not cycling off at all in start stop mode?? Causes? , Solutions ????

If the outside temperature is such that the unit can't reach the set temperature it can be a number of reasons. First, did the self check mode indicate any problems?

The condenser coils can have dirt and debris in them that prevents the coolant from giving off enough heat - spray washing it may be all it needs.

Not enough coolant in the system. That usually results in an error code.

Compressor belts worn or slipping.

The compressor itself is in need of repair.

Start with the simple stuff.

Or it's programmed to run on continuous whenever it's at a certain setpoint.

They can do that. Like program it for 58-60 degrees and it'll assume you've got bananas and go to continuous run mode.

ps temp is mild, easily maintaining set 33 no prob, it's like a switch or sensor isnt allowing a auto cycle off. defrosted manually, turned off back on still no change. Wierd?

Spoke to thermoking said bring it in could be a # of things. Called my old company, they told me it's a bad battery. My amperage is to high. so guess I'll go here in iowa to tk. getting that battery out is a pain in the keister
I tried once and punted, its ridiculous

Anyone ever experienced TK not cycling off at all in start stop mode?? Causes? , Solutions ????

I dunno ...whenever the refer Died it was like "WOW" ...getting me a FULL NIGHTS sleep..

Aint no SHAME at all in being DRY VAN or "currently" back at the Grain Elevator and "HOME" everynight ..with MOST "weekends" off too..

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread