Thermo King APU code "ACS" Question???

I've got a 22 oz and a 3 lb....which one?

3 lbs > 22 oz.

It's your choice. Either 45 whacks with the 22 oz hammer, or just 12 with the 3 lb hammer. Whichever you prefer. If you're angry, using the smaller hammer will be the better option because it lets you hit it more times.

I have a thermometer king that have replaced compressor, condenser on back of cab,dryer,two hoses.have checked out oil and coolant and charged froen to 1.5 by manual found online with spec of 1.2 to 2 lbs.the Apu runs good on all but a/c but when compressor kicks on it shuts down.when shuts down I get acs code

I have a thermometer king that have replaced compressor, condenser on back of cab,dryer,two hoses.have checked out oil and coolant and charged froen to 1.5 by manual found online with spec of 1.2 to 2 lbs.the Apu runs good on all but a/c but when compressor kicks on it shuts down.when shuts down I get acs code

Sounds like a wiring problem. The signal carried by the small two-wire connector that runs down to the alternator varies the field strength to increase the alternator charging rate to handle the load increase when the compressor clutch kicks in. If the controller doesn't see that happening, it will throw an ACS error, and shut down the APU.

Bet it happens like clockwork, yes?

The problem can be the connector itself, or a high resistance short caused by insulation chaffing somewhere along the wire run.

If you have a lot of hours on your TriPak, you may want to consider replacing the engine mounts. All that vibration wears them out, and increases the stress on everything else. It starts leading to failures like this. Its not expensive to do this.

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread