There should be a rest area mandate.

A few years ago under the Obama admin, The States were given money to upgrade rest areas.
Michigan for example took that money to erect signs to tell drivers that the rest area was full:foreheadslap:.
Well, That was helpful. We could assume after 10 pm they would be full.
What they pissed away the rest of the money on, Could be anything from plaques at rest areas to who knows?

Michigan needs to outsource their road construction. As well as triple their road repair budget. Then triple time it on their road fixing schedule.

Then shut down MDOT and keep it outsourced

Indiana should follow suit

Just gotta look for alternates. Strip clubs, adult entertainment stores, abandoned warehouses, fireworks stores, Walmart’s/Home Depots/Lowe’s etc

I can’t believe someone would actually enforce no truck parking for a 10. I’ve never been hassled in North Carolina, anyway

LMAO I’ve had bosses that would fire you for parking in a **** store.

Walmart certainly wouldn’t like it either.

...and with the internet how do those places still exist?

No.

When did you go through there last? I just went through there yesterday and it was doing business as usual. Same old TA that used to be a Burns Bros. with the Popeye's Chicken and the bar next to the restaurant.

In other words, WTF are you talking about?
You were in Virginia yesterday, on I81?

We aren't talking about Washington state ya know...

No.

When did you go through there last? I just went through there yesterday and it was doing business as usual. Same old TA that used to be a Burns Bros. with the Popeye's Chicken and the bar next to the restaurant.

In other words, WTF are you talking about?
Trout-something Virginia, not Trout-something Oregon

OK then! The EX, Ceased to Exist, DE-funct, DE-molished, flattened, scraped off, O-bliterated TroutVILE T/A.

Happy now Ms @Injun ?

OK then! The EX, Ceased to Exist, DE-funct, DE-molished, flattened, scraped off, O-bliterated TroutVILE T/A.

Happy now Ms @Injun ?
Where's the wicked dangerous interchange at Troutville VA? I can't find it. I see Exit 150 but it looks like a regular cloverleaf to me.

Haven't experienced it myself though as we don't go down that far.

Where's the wicked dangerous interchange at Troutville VA? I can't find it. I see Exit 150 but it looks like a regular cloverleaf to me.

Haven't experienced it myself though as we don't go down that far.

Been a bad place for a long time.

How is it bad? Looks typical to me from satellite view.
If you get going the wrong way, you're screwed, and the exit from SB 81 to the left for the truck stops required you to go across two lanes of heavy traffic in about 200' to make a left. It wasn't that bad.

The issue was some wealthy people who didn't like the truck stop, and truckers. The TA was condemned, and demolished because of "urgently required" traffic improvements. That was three years ago.

Urgent my ass.

The PEElot and truck wash would be gone too if they were any closer to the interchange.

Last edited:
This is what was said.

If you're talking about Troutville, then say Troutville.
I used to get those two confused all the time because there is/was a TA in both towns.

I mean, I'd take a ten hour break in one of them, and wake up in a total panic: "OMG I'M 3000 MILES AWAY FROM WHERE I'M SUPPOSED T-....oh never mind."

Arkansas has closed several nice roomy rest stops and the governor tells me, they will never be open again. Seems silly to me, in the small towns where the hell do truckers stop for a rest ? State are fed, maintaining them its still our tax money, paying for it. There should be a rest area truck accessable ever so many miles on all our interstate Highways.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread