There are now more Real Estate agents than homes 4 Sale

Uncle Birchy

Jul 18, 2011
If there has been one surefire beneficiary of the Fed printing trillions of new dollars and bailing out the entire U.S. economy at the cost of what will likely be a hyperinflationary disaster in the future, it has been the housing market.

The real estate market has surged into 2021, as newly cash flush U.S. citizens (thanks to a slew of government 'free money') leave cities and look to settle down in the suburbs. To say the market is running hot would be a vast understatement.

And this, of course, has resulted in an influx of new realtors. In fact, as the Wall Street Journal reports, "there are more real-estate agents than homes for sale in the U.S.". It marks only the second time in history The National Association of Realtors member count is above the number of homes on the market. The other time was in December of 2019.

Upvote 0

Duck

Sarcastic remark goes here
Premium
Aug 3, 2011
Internet
Are they sure the mass exodus from the cities is because of the "free money", a total of $3200 so far is making people buy houses...

Or is it because democrats and their fake news media turned the cities into flaming war zones? 🤔

Upvote 0

Uncle Birchy

Jul 18, 2011
Are they sure the mass exodus from the cities is because of the "free money", a total of $3200 so far is making people buy houses...

Or is it because democrats and their fake news media turned the cities into flaming war zones? 🤔
$3200 ain't much of a down payment.

I was considering selling and moving awhile back but in the long run I cannot live cheaper than where I am now so I've opted to fix the place up some.

Upvote 0

Uncle Birchy

Jul 18, 2011
Wisconsin ain't cheaper than Illinois?
Was thinking somewhere warmer.

Then again they'd have some other kind of weather problems.

Florida has Hurricanes and massive flooding every year and Arizona has 120 some degree days and I can only imagine my electric bill would be a small fortune to run the air conditioner full blast 24/7.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Duck

Premium
Aug 3, 2011
Internet

Florida has Hurricanes and massive flooding every year and Arizona has 120 some degree days and I can only imagine my electric bill would be a small fortune to run the air conditioner full blast 24/7.
I'd go live in the Louisiana swamp where the only way to get to my house is with an air boat.

Except for the fact that whole area is full of giant reptiles that eat people. 😳

Reactions: Uncle Birchy
Upvote 0

Sinister

pari animositate
Premium
Mar 19, 2009
Lost.
It's hard to beat a paid for house anywhere it sits.

One thing I've noticed the last few years, especially around large cities is that there is very little single home, single family new construction going on.

Most of what I see is massive multi storey buildings.

Personally I see zero appeal to this but they're being built everywhere and people are buying the crap out of them. Even Austin, MN near the Walmart has a new residential building with "flats".

Not for me. I'd invest in something like that to collect dividends like in the ads you hear on the radio for NRIA.net but no way in hell I'd live in a place if I had some other choice.

Too close to too many people. No storage. Assigned parking spots. Rules out the yin yang and a level of control that far too many people seem to accept as normal. Maybe that's all part of some conspiracy. Who knows. People with no space to move and limited resources are pretty easy to control.

People outside the city limits with their own garden and a few animals don't need the people in town.

If you have a house then I advise you sit on it. Not literally.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Electric Chicken

Premium
Jul 1, 2016

We would also have to start calling you Florida Man.

Upvote 0

Electric Chicken

Premium
Jul 1, 2016
It's hard to beat a paid for house anywhere it sits.

One thing I've noticed thr last few years, especially around large cities is that there is very little single home, single family nee construction going on.

Most of what I see is massive multi storey buildings.

Personally I see zero appeal to this but they're being built everywhere and people are buying the crap out of them. Even Austin, MN near the Walmart has a new residential building with "flats".

Not for me. I'd invest in something like that to collect dividends like in the ads you hear on the radio for NRIA.net but no way in hell I'd live in a place if I had some other choice.

Too close to too many people. No storage. Assigned parking spots. Rules out the yin yang and a level of control that far too many people seem to accept as normal. Maybe that's all part of some conspiracy. Who knows. People with no space to move and limited resources are pretty easy to control.

People outside the city limits with their own garden and a few animals don't need the people in town.

If you have a house then I advise you sit on it. Not literally.
Yeah I'm in a town but the neighbors on both sides of me have double lots. The one has the house on the lot furthest and the closer one has an alley and my slab in between so we still have space between us. This is as close as I want to be to anyone.

Would have preferred smaller house but more land but I kind of needed this location.

Upvote 0

Rigjockey

In Gord we trust!
Nov 27, 2009
Canadon't

Probably the war zone thing but, also people can work remotely now and no longer require to be in the city.
Cheaper housing prices in the burbs or country, More bang for your buck as far as how big of a home and land you can get in the country compared to the city.
Just one problem for some. You need a vehicle and a drivers license, they don't have transit!

Upvote 0

Fast Freddy

Apr 1, 2020
Texas
I own a condo on the west end of Galveston. Just a 2 bedroom 1 bath. Older complex but still nice. It’s worth more than twice as much as what I paid for it 12 years ago. I’ve had my booking agent call me many times with vacationers insisting they make me a cash offer. My answer is always the same. It’s not for sale. Once this bubble burst and prices crater I plan on buying more. My house is closer to the seawall and I haven’t even checked what houses are selling for now. I just know that if I ever see a for sale sign on any houses here on the island the sign is gone in a day or 2. This can’t last forever.

Upvote 0

Mike

Feb 1, 2007
Bought our house less than two years ago, market value is up $100k. Realtors are leaving cards on our door saying they have potential buyers.

Would not be surprised if I could bump it to 200k over what we paid. But, then I would have to go overpay for another house .....

Upvote 0

Electric Chicken

Premium
Jul 1, 2016
Bought our house less than two years ago, market value is up $100k. Realtors are leaving cards on our door saying they have potential buyers.

Would not be surprised if I could bump it to 200k over what we paid. But, then I would have to go overpay for another house .....
Yeah it's not like suddenly you're making out like a bandit. Lol.

Upvote 0

Duck

Premium
Aug 3, 2011
Internet
Yeah anyone who doesn't already own a house is up shit creek. And people who do own a house are not going anywhere either because although you can sell high, you can't buy low.

This has got to be by design. Home ownership is another thing the communist cult hates. Price everyone out of the market and everyone is crowded into apartment buildings, miserable and forever throwing away money on rent, just like the commies want.

Upvote 0

Uncle Birchy

Jul 18, 2011

That's kinda the same position I find myself in after talking to afew realtors.

Can't live any cheaper than where I am now.

Upvote 0

Rigjockey

In Gord we trust!
Nov 27, 2009
Canadon't
Yeah anyone who doesn't already own a house is up shit creek. And people who do own a house are not going anywhere either because although you can sell high, you can't buy low.

This has got to be by design. Home ownership is another thing the communist cult hates. Price everyone out of the market and everyone is crowded into apartment buildings, miserable and forever throwing away money on rent, just like the commies want.
That is an interesting position that you hold on renting.
I rent where I reside but I also own a Condo.

Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread