The War Path

Injun

Rabid Squaw
Premium
Later today, I'll be picking up Schneider seeds for the DC. For now, I am in Pasco.

I am simply stunned at the incompetence of drivers. It's not just megas. In fact, with the exception of some Gordons, a few Knights and my lone Swift L/O truck, it's all little-known names on the trucks....but I am floored by their inability to operate a parking lot.

I noticed this last night in Hatton, as well. Unless there are clearly marked lines on the ground, the trucks parking near the "front" will park so far back that an otherwise large enough space for a whole 'nother row of trucks is completely useless. There is enough room here for at least 20 more trucks, but where they should be double stacked, there simply isn't room.

The worst offender tonight is a covered wagon that is parked in the entrance to the big dirt lot by McDonald's and Subway such that the trailer is along the side of the entrance, but the tractor is completely blocking the driveway.

*sigh*
It saddens me that it's one of my venerated Flatbedders. I shall retire to my bed now, depressed that my high reverence has been for nought in this case.

What you seem to be missing is, to put it simply, people in general are morons. I don't say that to be funny, or to exaggerate...It's a fact, the majority of people today are incapable of thinking more than 3 seconds ahead, or even considering that other people might be around.

People are oblivious to their surroundings. The problem is not truck drivers, the problem is people.

Knew a truckstop in Ontario, Can who "cured" this behavior awhile back. They have a shop for working on big rigs that shares the parking lot. They bought a used HD wrecker for the business and parked it right under the "Violators will be towed" sign.

Telling a dummy to move is a lot more effective when the wrecker is sitting right there with the lights going. ;)

Knew a truckstop in Ontario, Can who "cured" this behavior awhile back. They have a shop for working on big rigs that shares the parking lot. They bought a used HD wrecker for the business and parked it right under the "Violators will be towed" sign.

Telling a dummy to move is a lot more effective when the wrecker is sitting right there with the lights going. ;)

Please buy the manager of that place a :cheers:!

Decision time came earlier today: Buy out Girly or spec out and order a new truck...and start the whole leasing process over again. I thought about it for about 30 seconds.

I'll be buying out Girly.

Good move.... if you gonna buy a used company truck.... buy the one you're driving. No big $urpri$e$ you wasn't expecting.
Best of luck with it. You Gonna stay with Swift??

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread