The Search For Gabby Petito: Body fitting description found in Wyoming

mndriver

curmudgeon extraordinare
Apr 20, 2014
Land of the lost
Im trying to understand why this murder is so significant over so many others that happen annually…

Pretty. White. Girl.

Pay attention, damn.

Nah…

As it developed, the only thing I’ve seen “special” about this case is the domestic incident from the body cams out in Utah or wherever it was.

Having friends in Florida, what’s interesting is suddenly the realizations that there are numerous young women coming up missing from a small area and gabby is just one of them.

Yet there’s no discussion about it.

Upvote 0

Sinister

pari animositate
Premium
Mar 19, 2009
Lost.
Who is this girl I have never heard of before? Is she a celebrity?
Sure it is a tragedy but why would it garner attention here?

I see her name in the news I still don't know who she is.
Her dad is an ex Police Police Chief from Long Island who had a lot of connections.

Also, it's only ever cute rich white girls that get national attention when they go missing.

I remember a case like this not long ago where 600 minority children had been snatched off the streets of DC and it got zero attention.

Money and good looks.

Upvote 0

389 Hood

Premium
Nov 17, 2019
Her dad is an ex Police Police Chief from Long Island who had a lot of connections.

Also, it's only ever cute rich white girls that get national attention when they go missing.

I remember a case like this not long ago where 600 minority children had been snatched off the streets of DC and it got zero attention.

Money and good looks.
The sad part is, you're right. It happens every day that people go missing and you never hear a word about it. Many of them are just nobodies and get sold into the sex slave trade. At least her parents actually know where their daughter is, many never find out. They are used, misused and abused, then get put through a sausage grinder and spread out in the fields.

Upvote 0

InTooDeep

Mar 17, 2016
Carmichael CA

Sinister

pari animositate
Premium
Mar 19, 2009
Lost.
I bet if we pay attention, the same media outlets that publicized every new piece of information on the Gabby case will soon be telling us that she only got such publicity because of "white privilege". 🙄
Like it's been stated, it's only ever cute, rich white girls that get this level of coverage. So there may be some validity to that.

The problem will be the inconsistent narrative of the media.

Upvote 0

Rigjockey

In Gord we trust!
Nov 27, 2009
Canadon't
Ya, there was a look-a like supposedly spotted in Toronto.
I highly doubt that given the publicity given to this case and modern technology like computers that he would be able to slip across the border and even if he did, with social media he wouldn't last 5 mins before being arrested. It's not like they show on T.V. that criminals can just flee the U.S. without being caught trying to leave.

Upvote 0

Duck

Sarcastic remark goes here
Aug 3, 2011
Internet
Ya, there was a look-a like supposedly spotted in Toronto.
I highly doubt that given the publicity given to this case and modern technology like computers that he would be able to slip across the border and even if he did, with social media he wouldn't last 5 mins before being arrested. It's not like they show on T.V. that criminals can just flee the U.S. without being caught trying to leave.
All skinny bald 20-something year old guys look the same to me. I could walk right past him and not even recognize him.

I was at a Scorpions MC club house last summer and the only way you could tell those guys apart was by their voices. Otherwise they were clones of each other.

Upvote 0

Electric Chicken

Premium
Jul 1, 2016
All skinny bald 20-something year old guys look the same to me. I could walk right past him and not even recognize him.

I was at a Scorpions MC club house last summer and the only way you could tell those guys apart was by their voices. Otherwise they were clones of each other.
artworks-rR3FedvCAaYrxnJL-mXjwew-t500x500.jpg

Reactions: Rigjockey
Upvote 0

CharlotteAbbe

Jul 24, 2021
Hasn't been any discussion over this so far here, but I will start it now based on the breaking news that a body has been found in Wyoming. No news as to whether this is her, but figured I would use this news as a good point into which to start the discussion here.

It's crazy how, with so many people missing, so many also centered around potential foul play, that only certain stories get this sort of media attention. We can discuss this aspect of it while we talk about the search as well, as both are important topics.
Too bad happened to Gabrielle "Gabby" Petito. May God rest his soul.

• Haha
Reactions: Sinister
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread