The record for hauling a , well record.

dipstick2

Anyone else a space junkie?
I follow Voyager 1 and 2 , thought maybe a few of you might like to read about the longest lasting most dependable haulers out there, oh and they are American made ! Who says America never built anything that would last over 200,000 miles...
Now if the little buggers can find a place to drop the "golden" records off to some little green men

Voyager - The Interstellar Mission

Anyone else a space junkie?

Well, yes, as a matter of fact I am. Know where I can get any "cosmic dust"? Man, that **** is good!

Who says America never built anything that would last over 200,000 miles...

Over the road trucks are designed to go over 1,000,000 miles, in fact many on the road have a million miles or more on them.

The Voyager spacecraft were designed to go hundreds of millions of miles. Not only can they go over 200,000 miles, they can go over 200,000,000. From the Voyager web page:

Voyager 1 is now leaving the solar system, rising above the ecliptic plane at an angle of about 35 degrees at a rate of about 520 million kilometers (about 320 million miles) a year. Voyager 2 is also headed out of the solar system, diving below the ecliptic plane at an angle of about 48 degrees and a rate of about 470 million kilometers (about 290 million miles) a year.

I think that once they leave our solar system the folks at NASA will have to start learning how to discern the radio signals from the Voyager Spacecraft from all the solar noise.

Indeed, the Human Race is about to enter into the next phase of understanding of the Universe in which we live.

Indeed, the Human Race is about to enter into the next phase of understanding of the Universe in which we live.

Unless they built a device that can decipher the true meaning of words & phrases spoken by American women, we're not even close.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread