Politics The real CRT

Mike

In a poll, who's asking the question matter. What the questions are, and how they're worded matter. Who's answering the questions. Who's tallying all the data matters.

The details of all that are by far the most important part of any poll.
Polls, articles, studies, the sources and agenda all matter.

If the angle is to prove something is racist, the data will be twisted to reflect that. Same is true for the opposite.

What you see and experience in real life is what matters.

SomethingElse

He was apparently killed by a white cop (while overdosing on fentanyl) and I still don't care. He was a piece of shit. He held a gun to the belly of a pregnant woman during a home invasion. He was a piece of shit.

And yet these imbeciles in the media have presented him as some kind of martyr and idolized him. There are probably more murals of George Floyd than of MLK. It's disgusting.

I don't care how he died or the race of the man that joke of a trial convicted for it. If the democrats hadn't reacted to it and used it as an excuse to literally wage war on American citizens, cities and police, the country would be a better place without him.
245481008_926029344679654_7472867932478469497_n.jpg

Rigjockey

In Gord we trust!
Yeah, Christopher Columbus was the the problem. :rolleyes-80:

I say if you want reparations, Take it up with the people of Senegal and Sierra Leone et al. They are the ones that rounded up, owned and sold African slaves.
Sue the descendants of Africans that rounded up and sold Africans in the slave trade!
They should pay the reparations. Bu, Bu, But, America gained from slavery ya, well, so did the African human traffickers.

Rigjockey

In Gord we trust!
Just as a side note, America was not even close to having the most number of slaves.
Brazil had way more slaves, 4 million slaves were obtained by Brazil, 1.5 million more than any other country. I don't hear anything about reparations coming from Brazilians of African decent.

America had like 300,000 slaves. Far less than Brazil
American slavery: Separating fact from myth

quillcom

In a poll, who's asking the question matter
That generalization does not sit well with me.

National Bureau of Economic Research did the "poll". They sound pretty important and doing this type of study seems legit and routine for them to do.

What the questions are

It was a fake job application, all the questions and answers were axactly the same, and they were already prefilled in
by the ones doing the study.
Who's answering the questions.
Bingo!! Now your talking.

The only thing that was different on those fake applications were the fake names of "Who's answering the questions." The Latecia's were rejected, the Mary Ann Sue's were accepted.
The details of all that are by far the most important part of any poll.
I'm sure the National Bureau of Economic Research took all that into
consideration. Its like, thats part of their job.

quillcom

I don't hear anything about reparations coming from Brazilians of African decent.
I was just about to say go to the barrios of Brazil and you well may......

Brazilians struggle over reparations from slavery era Brazilians struggle over reparations from slavery era | DW | 07.02.2018

"Recently, quilombos have become a way for black communities to acquire a form of reparations for the legacy of slavery. According to the Palmares Cultural Foundation, which certifies quilombos, there are now more than 3,000 across the country. Only 220 have received land titles."

Duck

Sarcastic remark goes here
Don't tell the left, but when I sit down for thanksgiving dinner, I don't think about all the indians that were killed by the evil white man.
In fact, I don't have any "white guilt" for any of that.
I don't have any "white guilt" at all, for anything.

How sick and demented does a political party have to be to believe that people can be born guilty?

And how incredibly weak minded and clueless does a person have to be in order to be convinced that he himself was born guilty of something?

Last edited:

quillcom

, I don't have any "white guilt" for any of that.
Yeah I never liked that term.

Though I do not feel guilty of being connected to a race, I think it's more about inhumanites.

That any race experiences inhumanities from another race is disheartening.

And if we could do something to help fix a problem we would. Even if we did not cause it.

Duck

Sarcastic remark goes here
Yes he does, referred to it as "economic base"
I just saw a bunch of whining because his ancestors a century before that interview didn't get free land.

It's as if he thought every white man born on US soil gets 100 acres of farmland given to him for free by the government on his 18th birthday.
He was wrong in saying that blacks were the only slaves here.
Yeah there were Irish slaves too. They just don't whine like toddlers about what happened well over a century ago.

SomethingElse

Yeah I never liked that term.

Though I do not feel guilty of being connected to a race, I think it's more about inhumanites.

That any race experiences inhumanities from another race is disheartening.

And if we could do something to help fix a problem we would. Even if we did not cause it.

I hate to tell this, but being a bad person has nothing to do with your race. Being a white racist, has NOTHING to do with that person being white. That's some messed up psychological stuff that goes on in peoples minds, that even themselves can't control. No more than some rapist can control his urge to rape. Or a good preacher to do good things, as a matter of fact.
It's how someone is deep down. White folks didn't hang blacks because they were racist. They hung people because their minds didn't tell them it was wrong.
Take George Floyd for example. He didn't think he was wrong when he stuck a gun to that woman, beat on her and stole from her. He didn't think it was wrong for HIM to do it. He didn't think it was wrong to buy drugs instead of paying his child support. It's some serious psychological crap that goes on in some humans brains.

IMO, THE only way to rid this planet of bad people, is to just kill'm. But who's going to do the killing? IMO, it would have to be someone with a messed up mentality to think it's OK to kill another person. Especially one that he didn't even know. You know, like the doctor that performs executions in prisons.

Honestly the more I think about this, I don't think "racism" exists at all. Or should I say racism is just a symptom of something more.

Mike

I hate to tell this, but being a bad person has nothing to do with your race. Being a white racist, has NOTHING to do with that person being white. That's some messed up psychological stuff that goes on in peoples minds, that even themselves can't control. No more than some rapist can control his urge to rape. Or a good preacher to do good things, as a matter of fact.
It's how someone is deep down. White folks didn't hang blacks because they were racist. They hung people because their minds didn't tell them it was wrong.
Take George Floyd for example. He didn't think he was wrong when he stuck a gun to that woman, beat on her and stole from her. He didn't think it was wrong for HIM to do it. He didn't think it was wrong to buy drugs instead of paying his child support. It's some serious psychological crap that goes on in some humans brains.

IMO, THE only way to rid this planet of bad people, is to just kill'm. But who's going to do the killing? IMO, it would have to be someone with a messed up mentality to think it's OK to kill another person. Especially one that he didn't even know. You know, like the doctor that performs executions in prisons.

Honestly the more I think about this, I don't think "racism" exists at all. Or should I say racism is just a symptom of something more.

I think you just vomited a whole lot of falseness......

I think people like George Floyd realize what they are doing is wrong, but they have no moral compass to care if it was wrong or not. Or, maybe their addictions are too strong to for them to stop doing the wrong thing when they are doing it. I think most people know they are doing wrong when they do it.

Racism/Bigotry is real, and it exists today. We are far from it being gone, and it will likely never be gone. People do things because they think they are superior to others based on their color/ethnicity/religion, etc... Pentecostals are badmouthed by other Christians. Pentecostals badmouth other religions. People put down others who aren't like them for superiority. Some of these people take it to the extreme.

Comes down to the reality that many people can't respect other's beliefs. Seriously. I seen, far too often, a black man be accepted as part of the group when I was in the military because they liked country music and didn't act like the "other black people". I also seen that same black guy hated by the other black people in my unit because he didn't hang out with them and listen to the same music they did.

People dislike, and sometimes hate, whatever is different from them. You can use the terms racist, bigot, or whateverver, but it's really all the same. Some people just take it to extreme levels. Not because they don't know what they are doing, but because they have less tolerance for what they don't believe in.

quillcom

He was wrong in saying that blacks were the only slaves here

Yeah there were Irish slaves too. They just don't whine like toddlers about what happened well over a century ago.
So if you all are talking about the Indentured Servitude of the Irish and other races.

That's quite different from the Chattel slavery where you were completely owned.

I think that what's MLK was getting at. With I.S. you were simply paying the debt of your immigration status, if I remember correctly.

Don't get me started with the differences of treatment of the two.

Users who are viewing this thread