Politics The real CRT

quillcom

Yeah there's a problem with race relations that are ingrained and systemic.

I think it's a worldwide problem not something unique to the US.

Racism's sister called the caste system is just as bad.

Just go to India where everyone's' the same race and you'll still see discrimination in all it's ugly forms.

I just wonder when I hear people say things like " I don't have a racist bone in my body". (That is until/only after/to speak of)etc.

I think humans naturally create a heirarchy when dealing with others.
And there's a fine gray line separating partial from impartial hieroglyphics,; if I could borrow that word cause it just sounds right.

Rigjockey

In Gord we trust!
Yeah racism exists and I have probably been guilty of it from time to time or person to person.
No it is not only the U.S. Here in Canada we have been sold a lie of Multiculturalism where everyone coexists in harmony.
Well, that is political B.S. because what we have is actually tribalism. Just go into any lunchroom at any large factory and you will see 25 different groups speaking 25 different languages all divided by race, country of origin or language.
It does not just stop in the work place, It is also where people live.
The Chinese live in their area.
The Indians live in their area.
Italians in their area and it goes on and on.

quillcom

Yeah racism exists and I have probably been guilty of it from time to time or person to person.
No it is not only the U.S. Here in Canada we have been sold a lie of Multiculturalism where everyone coexists in harmony.
Well, that is political B.S. because what we have is actually tribalism. Just go into any lunchroom at any large factory and you will see 25 different groups speaking 25 different languages all divided by race, country of origin or language.
Yep, unfortunately I have been guilty as well, more than I wish to admit. :(

I think what makes it look unique here in the states is the susposed melting pot facter. All the different
Europeans coming from Ellis Island, all the indigenous Indians that were already here, all the African Americans brought over here.

For example, how many blacks do you think live in Russia. I just looked it up, only about 50,000
compared to the over 46 million that live here.

Only the pot did not quite melt us evenly as you alluded to.

Last edited:

Duck

Sarcastic remark goes here
Chicago is pretty segregated too. It's not just black people over here, white people over there. It's got neighborhoods for every nationality on Earth it seems. There are Russian neighborhoods, Polish neighborhoods, Chinatown, Little Italy, Sicilian neighborhoods, Little Havana, Korean neighborhoods, Vietnamese neighborhoods, etc. All of them seem to coexist peacefully.

The violence & daily murders are the work of street gangs. There are never-ending gang wars going on. Not race wars, except of course for the one the democrats started when they created the Marxist terrorist organization they call "Black Lives Matter", a cleverly chosen name designed to make it impossible for the small, barely functional and willfully ignorant minds of their voter base to comprehend how anyone can disagree with the communist ideology pushed by the organization without being "racist".

Rigjockey

In Gord we trust!
Yep, unfortunately I have been guilty as well, more than I wish to admit. :(

I think what makes it look unique here in the states is the susposed melting pot facter. All the different
Europeans coming from Ellis Island, all the indigenous Indians that were already here, all the African Americans brought over here.

For example, how many African Americans do you think live in Russia. I just looked it up, only about 50,000
compared to the over 46 million that live here.

Only the pot did not quite melt us evenly as you alluded to.
Wow, I am actually surprised there are 50,000 African-Russians in Russia. I didn't think there was any in Russia. I only say that because of what the media has fed me.
I learn something new everyday.

Rigjockey

In Gord we trust!
Birds of a feather flock together. And that right there ain't no bullshit drivah!
Just look at how white collar folk and blue collar folks act, talk and think about each other. You can see it right here on the forum and in dispatch /management offices.

Or even sometimes you see a dude walking and you just don't like the look of this person. He could be the nicest guy in the world and yet there is something inside of you that makes you just want to punch him in the face.
Maybe they look like someone that has wronged you in the past or maybe it is just because, they have a very punchable face.

Mike

Human nature is to try to be better than the other guy.

We put down people based on where they are from, the sports teams they root for, etc.

Any way we can find to separate ourselves from other people, we do it.

Efforts may be made to change that, but we will always revert back to it eventually.

Right now, you have a generation that wants everyone to be the same. Young people even dress down in ragged clothes, even though they pay big money for the horrible looking homeless clothes.

I think it is mostly just a competitive nature, which for the most part, is a good thing.

Rigjockey

In Gord we trust!
Every thing you said is exactly true.

People will flock together and also try to separate from others.I remember this DR Seuss cartoon from when I was a kid. Seuss was ahead of his time

Duck

We put down people based on where they are from, the sports teams they root for, etc.

Any way we can find to separate ourselves from other people, we do it.

Efforts may be made to change that, but we will always revert back to it eventually.

Right now, you have a generation that wants everyone to be the same. Young people even dress down in ragged clothes, even though they pay big money for the horrible looking homeless clothes.

I think it is mostly just a competitive nature, which for the most part, is a good thing.
People simply feel more comfortable among people they have more in common with.

That's why teenagers hang out with other teenagers. It's why the old people hang out with other old people and talk about their medical problems and their grandchildren.

It's why the moms at the playground talk to each other while their kids are running around with the other kids.

If you were to move to a foreign country where English is not their native language and nobody speaks English, you would end up hanging out with other American expats.

I don't see it as a problem as long as the segregated ethnic groups aren't at war with each other. There is actually very little of that happening in this country, despite the democrats propaganda machine working 24/7 trying to stir the pot and create hate.

Uncle Birchy

Yeah there's a problem with race relations that are ingrained and systemic.

I think it's a worldwide problem not something unique to the US.

Racism's sister called the caste system is just as bad.

Just go to India where everyone's' the same race and you'll still see discrimination in all it's ugly forms.

I just wonder when I hear people say things like " I don't have a racist bone in my body". (That is until/only after/to speak of)etc.

I think humans naturally create a heirarchy when dealing with others.
And there's a fine gray line separating partial from impartial hieroglyphics,; if I could borrow that word cause it just sounds right.
I believe in my Uncle Edwin's theory..

He "hated" everybody "equally"..

Forget Skin Color... Uncle "divided" White People and used terms like "Limeys" , Krauts, Pollock's, Swedes, and Whops..

And nobody is sure why but Uncle Edwin hated the JEWS with a "Passion" I mean he would talk to a Black or a Mexican..

If somebody was a Jewish sounding name he would not even speak to them.

When I was a kid he would read the closing credits on movies and tv shows and go that's a Jew etc..

My Mother & Father always said what did the "Jews" ever do to your Uncle Edwin..

But I mean he hated everybody just Jews more than the rest of em all combined

Duck

Forget Skin Color... Uncle "divided" White People and used terms like "Limeys" , Krauts, Pollock's, Swedes, and Whops..
There's nothing wrong with calling British people Limeys. It's a nickname from when their navy issued limes to the sailors to provide them with vitamin C to prevent scurvy. It saved lots of lives, it was simple and brilliant.

"Kraut" simply refers to the sauerkraut that Germans eat. I tried it once and it was disgusting. I think it's shredded cabbage soaked in vinegar.

Pollack is a type of fish. If you refer to a polish person as a pollack, you're just making yourself look stupid. 😂

Swedes? It's literally just short for Swedish people.

Wop is derogatory towards Italians though. I don't know the origin of it, I've only heard it spoken in movies. If I was pissed off at an Italian I wouldn't call him a wop, I'd just say "your mother's spaghetti sauce comes from a jar".

And he'd probably shoot me. 🤣

Uncle Birchy

There's nothing wrong with calling British people Limeys. It's a nickname from when their navy issued limes to the sailors to provide them with vitamin C to prevent scurvy. It saved lots of lives, it was simple and brilliant.

"Kraut" simply refers to the sauerkraut that Germans eat. I tried it once and it was disgusting. I think it's shredded cabbage soaked in vinegar.

Pollack is a type of fish. If you refer to a polish person as a pollack, you're just making yourself look stupid. 😂

Swedes? It's literally just short for Swedish people.

Wop is derogatory towards Italians though. I don't know the origin of it, I've only heard it spoken in movies. If I was pissed off at an Italian I wouldn't call him a wop, I'd just say "your mother's spaghetti sauce comes from a jar".

And he'd probably shoot me. 🤣
I've always treated folks on on a basic "premise".

If ya "Good People" or Cool..

Don't care what Color, Politics, even Religion..

If ya Decent help ya out even buy ya a Beer.

That's the "Way" the World should be too..

Welp the world "used" to work like that 30 years ago.

Today "Zombie" stoned out on FETNYL are Pooping in the Streets..

"CARJACKINGS"...

Around here turn on any Chicago Tv News..

CBS 2..... WGN 9 ..... Fox 32 ...

There are not a carjacking per week ..

One or two per day recently a Retired Southside Cop was carjacked..

Don't forget the latest "SHOOTINGS" on the Dan Ryan , the "Kennedy", or was it the Bishop Ford...

ILLINOIS State Police hadda shut down the Expressway to investigate and gather Evident of a Drive By Shooting

Man our world is "Messed" Up

quillcom

Birds of a feather flock together. And that right there ain't no bul

I was just about to add these two thoughts but you guys beat me to it. Thanks 😊.

But I might add though that, that ambitious nature of ours can turn quite ugly quite easily.

Now hears a thought. Someone once said, "esteem others as better than yourself". :oops:

That's so foreign to our human nature.

Uncle Birchy

Probably the Edens. Lol

I hear you though. I go through those Interstates all the time and yeah there's always something going on.
As bad as Chicago is the Shootings on Highways is a "recent" phenomenon..

Now they happen almost daily..

Maybe back in the day the Outfit did stuff like that but the MAFIA also "Diposesed " of Bodies and Evidence before Cops could get there..

These are Dope Dealer Ghetto Thugs rolling up and down the Interstate Expressway "Shooting" at Eachother..

These knuckleheads don't even know how to shoot..

Often the bullets fly though a car with a Mother and Children..

Or a Big Truck hadda drop at one of those places deep Southside Crack Ghetto

Last edited:

quillcom

People simply feel more comfortable among people they have more in common with.
Yeah but that feeling tends to morph over time into other untoward feelings.

That's what they were saying in the 50's
The whites weren't comfortable when the blacks tried to move in to their schools and restaurants etc.

Turned into straight up hostility riots bloodshed and death.

Mike

Yeah but that feeling tends to morph over time into other untoward feelings.

That's what they were saying in the 50's
The whites weren't comfortable when the blacks tried to move in to their schools and restaurants etc.

Turned into straight up hostility riots bloodshed and death.
When you purchase people with the sole intent of using them as a farm implement, you tend to not value them very much. You don’t see them as anything near being your equal.

Over time, thankfully, we got away from that. As with anything, though, it takes generation after generation to fully change mindsets.

Beyond true racism, though, some things will never change and it is important to not lump it in with racism.

The competitive spirit is something that needs to be promoted, and we are not doing that well anymore. Competitiveness, pride, independence, and many other traits are what allowed the United States to become the United States. If passiveness, or any sort of inferior traits rose to the top, we never would have gotten our independence. We never would have survived the beaches of Normandy

In the name of calling all things racism, we are risking killing off the things that we need to thrive.

Users who are viewing this thread