The price of fuel

My tractor is still parked I haven't hauled cattle to the market in weeks and rodeos are a thing of the past. Just filled up at $4.44 a gallon for diesal here in North Florida. It makes me sick to think I might not be able to hold on to our family farm all beacuse of greed.

My tractor is still parked I haven't hauled cattle to the market in weeks and rodeos are a thing of the past. Just filled up at $4.44 a gallon for diesal here in North Florida. It makes me sick to think I might not be able to hold on to our family farm all beacuse of greed.
Try to hang in there, the oil bubble will burst. It is about to be stretched to the limit. Dieseal in Nash.Tn. is 4.29.

NW Indiana May 13

Unleaded gas - $4.05
Diesel - $4.71

Before the end of the week, many places across the US will be ABOVE $5.00 a gallon for diesel, I didn't hear this on the news, it's just my opinion.

Heaven help us cuz Lord knows our government aint. I never would have thought the American public would be this stupid, why the HELL are they still buying gas/fuel at these prices. It's a perfect time to simply call in to work and flat out tell them, "I CAN'T AFFORD THE GAS TO GET TO WORK.... SORRY"

Pete's Wife

I guess it don't help to know that you're not alone, does it? Sorry it's that bad for you :(

Pete's Wife

NW Indiana May 13

Unleaded gas - $4.05
Diesel - $4.71

Before the end of the week, many places across the US will be ABOVE $5.00 a gallon for diesel, I didn't hear this on the news, it's just my opinion.

Heaven help us cuz Lord knows our government aint. I never would have thought the American public would be this stupid, why the HELL are they still buying gas/fuel at these prices. It's a perfect time to simply call in to work and flat out tell them, "I CAN'T AFFORD THE GAS TO GET TO WORK.... SORRY"

Pete's Wife
Diesel fuel here in eastern NC is now $4.45 a gal. and going up at a rate of almost 5 cents a day. I totally agree with you, I never thought I would live to see the day that American Citizens would just throw up their hands and totally give up their lives and their families and all that they have worked so hard for. It's right under their noses and they still can't see it. Or maybe they think if they just ignore it it'll go away and everything will be just peachy again. I don't know. I have stopped and asked some of the people pumping gas how much it is a gal., and they have said "I'm not sure, or I don't even know, I need it, no matter what it is" I just turn and walk away with a nausea feeling in my stomach. These young people making $75,000, $85,000, or $100,000 a year couldn't care less how much gas is today or tomorrow, as long as it's there for them to buy it. That's what's killing us. And most of them have two in the family making that kind of money. You do the math. How are you going to fight that. They will never back a movement for change, until they run out of the big money they're making. I'm sorry to say, that as long as they have money in their pocket, food in their pantry, and gas in their car, the couldn't care less what their neighbors have or don't have. The mentality today is, if my neighbor can't afford it, that's all the more for me. I hate like hell to keep posting and being negative, but I've been spending alot of time this past week looking around and talking to people, and I'm not seeing anything at all that's the least bit encouraging. It's really sad, what the people of The United States Of America have become. If you don't want to get totally depressed, stay at home and what all you do, don't stand back and take a good long unbiased look around you. You won't like what you see a damn bit.:sad:

I have to agree with you Bandit, no one cares about their neighbors or what's going to be left (or not left) for their kids or grandkids, I feel horrible for the world that my girls are going to be living in. My father-in-law said years ago, "You're not doing them any favor by bringing them into the world", I brushed it off because I was young and had the eternal rose colored glasses on, now, as they say, hindsight is 20/20, he was right 20 years ago and now it's upon us. Why can't the generation of yuppies that we are surrounded by SEE what is happening? If they think it won't affect them at some point they are sadly mistaken and I wish I could see their faces when the realization hits home. They can't understand that it's the trucks that bring them everything they feel is necessary to live and they overpay for everything, so why not gas. It seems the whole world is coming unglued at the seams... earthquakes, tornadoes, floods, wildfires, cyclones, you name it and they are killing thousands of people at a time and thats just the things we can't control, we've pissed some higher being off and that being is now retaliating with a vengeance.

I just might talk to a few people the next time I'm out in town around people, but in our area I think the answers will be altogether different from what you are hearing. A small rural county like ours suffers and there are several towns within a hundred miles or so that are literally and legally filing bankruptcy, we're talking TOWNS and CITIES, our county probably aint far from it. Here is an example of one town about an hour from here:

Three Oaks faces financial troubles

The whole thing is Sad.Grim.Pathetic and there seems to be almost no way out of the mess this country is in, it's too late.

Pete's Wife

Fuel Victory in Congress!

For several months now, more and more people have been joining Truckers And Citizens United or similar groups because the high cost of fuel is strangling our economy and our country. So many have been working so hard and sacrificing so much to tell the government that it's time for them to step up and do their job. Today, Monday 13th, we have seen our first decisive victory in Congress.

HR 6022 is a bill introduced to halt putting more petroleum into the Strategic Petroleum Reserves until the price drops to $75 a barrel for a 90 day average. With more oil available to buy, even most economists agree that it will help drive the price of fuel lower. We may not see a huge difference, but we should see a difference, and it's a first step in the right direction.

The war is not over yet, and we're not going to go away until we help the government move us out of this crisis. But this is a first victory. For those of you that have been working for this, sit back for a moment and allow yourself a satisfied moment. Good Job!

For those of you that have said, “why bother, it'll never make a difference”, now would be a good time to thing again and jump on board.

For more updates on what's being done, visit www.TruckersAndCitizensUnited.net
Senate Vote News: Senate rejects Bush policy of boosting oil reserve | Politics | Reuters
House Vote News: House votes to stop adding to oil stockpile | Politics | Reuters

GOODMORNING AMERICA REPORTS; Congress expected to approve a measure to push President Bush to stop filling strategic oil reserves. Progress? I guess we'll see.
How About A Huge Victory lap for WE THE PEOPLE OF THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA!!!!!! CONGRESS AND THE SENATE BOTH PASSED OUR BILL OVERWHELMINGLY TO SUSPEND ALL OIL GOING TO THE SPR TODAY!!!!!!!

How About A Huge Victory lap for WE THE PEOPLE OF THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA!!!!!! CONGRESS AND THE SENATE BOTH PASSED OUR BILL OVERWHELMINGLY TO SUSPEND ALL OIL GOING TO THE SPR TODAY!!!!!!!

give credit where credit is due
silversurfer jb's brother of theamericandriver website brought this up in our meeting with sen. sessions when we were in dc and it looks like we finally did justice to all americans by winning this one now its off to the other things that werte mentioned like building refineries on old military bases and stopping illegal futures and speculators on wallstreet
i see 70 a barrel in the future if the speculators are put back in control on regulated markets

mark
tacu
director and chief organizer
www.truckersandcitizensunited.com TM

YEAH....ONE BATTLE WON.. That is awsum news for the day. I also agree with Truckers2unite to stop illigal futures and speculators on wallstreet, afterall that has been the real cause of all of this. GOODMORNING AMERICA reported this morining 63% of Americans were having financial difficulties and 68% of Americans were worried about their financial future. That means this is now effecting the upper middle class.

The next step on the agenda is getting the gov to put the oil companies back under the watchful eye of the FTC (Federal Trade Commission) this will force the demand of speculation on this issue to drop and then fuel prices should start receding.

The next step on the agenda is getting the gov to put the oil companies back under the watchful eye of the FTC (Federal Trade Commission) this will force the demand of speculation on this issue to drop and then fuel prices should start receding.
I agree, we don't want to drop the ball now.

According to Exxon excecutives the price of gas pays for 3 things.. 69 percent for crude, 13 percent TAx and 18 percent Refining..
This makes NO sense to me..how would they have such a GREAT profit??
They say the government makes the most money due to tax..and NO service rentered..comments??

ppffft 3.69? youre luckyy..in NY we drive for 4.68...:\ ....

Why

Is everyone just kicking back and excepting and beliving in a election year that the Gov. wants to do this and will try to do that.
Everything I have been reading is good to a point.
But not great remember people, If u are a indep. u still will be getting SCREWED!
Not just by the fact of if and it's a big IF! These plans happen.
Don't forget the big boys will be getting the same breaks.
Also I have noticed alot of co. are going to per mile instead of %.
wonder why?
I think we have made noise and at this point they want to shut us up for awhile.
NOW is the time to start yelling louder.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread