New To Trucking The Paradigms Of Trucking

Uncle Birchy

Life Coach
Supporter
1. Can be middle of nowhere in the dark not see a soul for 20 miles..

As soon as ya flick your Highness they come outta woodwork ...

2. If ya stuck right lane before an On-Ramp hold your ground because if ya move left be nice they all off a Sudden find there gas pedal about the hill when ya hauling heavy...

3. If ya short on hours don't count on Rest Areas cause about a 50/50 change be closed..

4. Asking a shipper or received how long it's gonna be ...if they say afew hours figure ya might get out by Suppertime

It's like when somebody says lll be there in 20 minutes think atleast an hour or so...

BlackBart

Shorebilly
Supporter
Bircho said “paradigums”.... Boy you been readin the dictionary again?? :biglaugh:

Anyhoo... Ill give em a shot. Heres a few from the LTL world

Lookin for a house to deliver to, and yer lookin down a dirt road that the damn mailman ....BTW **** “gender sensitivity”:rolleyes-80: .... wont even go down so they got 7 mailboxes right at the end, the house youre lookin for WILL be last one

Yer a company hand and ya take a week off... expect both yer truck to get wrecked while yer gone and to have about 7 returns from the friday before because some do-nuthin MFer wanted to lay down all day

They call em “dispatcher brains” for a reason

Go to pick up stuff from a non-regular shipper like a engine core or some shit, expect to hear the words “duh.... bill of lading? Whats that?”

Humble pie

Another Acert bites the dust
Supporter
If you stop at a truck stop fuel island in the middle of the night and you're the only one there, and you go inside after pulling forward, some dumbass will have pulled up behind you when you come out, even though all the other lanes are open.
Yeah that’s me. Why don’t you pull your damn truck up when you’re done asshole.

Duck

Quack
Supporter
Yeah that’s me. Why don’t you pull your damn truck up when you’re done asshole.
I will, just as soon as I'm done with my shower. 😎

TruckerRon

This business is FLOODED with MORONS!! I've only been trucking for 1.5yrs and already got the big picture. 80% of drivers are foreigners who have not been born here and mostly drive those pieces of SHIT Volvo's! hahaha... Only a DoDo Bird drives a Volvo TURD!!

But I'm already starting to HATE this business due to the morons in it. I actually like trucking and like my W9, as well. But when you have to drive around morons all day who have not a freakin' clue of HOW to run a business... it gets ya down pretty quick and I find myself asking WHY even bother. I can see company Chumps/Bitches speeding down the road not giving a crap about fuel mileage and wear and tear on the truck and so much more... but then when O/O's do it, UNBELIEVABLE!! But this whole thing goes much deeper.

Good video to watch for you company chumps/bitches:

Last edited:

Uncle Birchy

Life Coach
Supporter
If you stop at a truck stop fuel island in the middle of the night and you're the only one there, and you go inside after pulling forward, some dumbass will have pulled up behind you when you come out, even though all the other lanes are open.
I remember afew years ago at the "TA" in Prescott Arkansas..

Was like 3am and a guy was infront of me so I finished fueling and went inside took a dump one of those 1/2 n hour read the Newspaper kinda craps..

Welp that place is busy even at 3am..

Emerged out with my coffee 1/2 hour later a guy behind me and other guy moved on so now I look like a JackAss still at the pumps..

As for taking a "HOLE" if ya don't get there by about supper forget TA in Prescott....even the Access Road and Fire lanes are FULL by 9pm

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)