The Old Man And His Dog

lunachic

BITE ME !
This was a really strange week-end.
On my way home today I had the radio playing and Maggie May came on I thought I have'nt heard that since highschool. Well I pulled into the store down the road from my house, The same store across from a pawn shop that was robbed the day befor to buy a couple packs of cigarettes.
Sitting out front was a old man and his dog. It turns out he has alzheimer's and half the sherrif's office had been looking for him.
Another girl was out their with him and I went over and stayed till the cops came. Asked him what his dogs name was, He said Maggie and that he and Maggie went everyplace together. And at the time I did'nt catch it but he said I'm leaving for N.Y. in two days I have a truck, Do you girls want to go?
I was already feeling sad because the old man was'nt going home and neither was Maggie. She was'nt in good shape and I guess the family was turning them both over to the State. They never even came down I kept thinking why have'nt they come.
I can't shake the sad feeling and knowing tomorrow Maggie will probably be put down and the old man will be in a state facility all the while waiting for each other................

Life isn't fair, is it?

Interesting how you heard the song, and then there was the man and his dog, Maggie.

We are all connected, by some fragile thread that can be so easily broken, yet is so strongly entangled through all of our lives that it will stay connected no matter how much it is broken.

That is sad as crap. So many of the elderly get put into old folks homes and are "forgotten" by their family. How horrible that ppl think that ppl are disposable.

It happens to us all,hopefully if his Family ever reach that stage in their lives they will remember how they treated one of their own but dont hold your Breath, People like that have no Feelings.
Lovely Story but so so sad.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread