Football The NFL is a Terrible Organization That Shields Criminals.

Sinister

pari animositate
The NFL is disgusting. The endless shielding of criminals and thugs makes Wall Street and DC look like child's play.

Anyone still watching football is emboldening thuggish behavior and a sport so corrupt its worthless.

Years back a friend of mine said football was "fixed". At the time I thought it was another of his many dumb things he says because he talks too much and his mouth outruns his brain.

But then over the next few years every single player in the process of being drummed out of the NFL ended up on the Jets where nobody would notice they didn't get a contract the filling year. Tebow. Vick. Etcetera. Because thr Jets are a terrible team pretty much every year. Even Fireman Ed doesn't bother with them anymore.

Maybe it's just an odd coincidence.

I quit watching with the kneeling and BLM protests. More news about corruption thay goes right to the commissioner recently came out though it was quickly buried and I forget the specifics.

Turn this bullshit off and do something else.

Why the **** is anyone still watching football?

At least with baseball the cheating has become part of the culture and is usually pretty minor (hello Astros) and tongue in cheek.

These people are actual gangsters murderers and thugs.

One of them killed a mother going 156 mph drunk. Recently.

Zero coverage.

Media too busy trying to frame a white kid from Wisconsin.

I've never understood the fascination with watching a bunch of men in tights running around a field playing with their balls.

I mean I can see how women and gay men might want to watch, for the same reason women's sports exist. But seriously, I've never understood it.

Pretty big leap here. Dude has been out of the NFL since 2015, and this just happened.

The 156mph drunk who killed a woman and her dog was Henry Ruggs III, at the time playing for the Raiders. It happened this month.
And? You going to tell me the NFL is shielding him somehow? He did this at the beginning of his 2nd year as an NFL player, and released by the team the same day. Besides, I would say this was a kid that acquired way too much money way too soon and made an extremely foolish mistake, not some troubled thug that gets off on going out and killing people.

Gonna go out on a limb and guess there there is a pretty high percentage of people right here on this forum that has done something equally as stupid more than once in their dumb youth, just lucky nothing bad happened.

And? You going to tell me the NFL is shielding him somehow? He did this at the beginning of his 2nd year as an NFL player, and released by the team the same day. Besides, I would say this was a kid that acquired way too much money way too soon and made an extremely foolish mistake, not some troubled thug that gets off on going out and killing people.

Gonna go out on a limb and guess there there is a pretty high percentage of people right here on this forum that has done something equally as stupid more than once in their dumb youth, just lucky nothing bad happened.
Pointing out that he hasn't been out of the NFL since 2015 so it's not whoever you were thinking of.

Dumb youth?

I did crazier shit on the motorcycle this past summer than I did during my youth. 🤣

I'm personally done with all professional sports, the pro's 🤔 refuse to stand and respect our country's national anthem meanwhile making millions of dollars a year all this while we have veterans living on the streets. Naw it's time for change.

I'm personally done with all professional sports, the pro's 🤔 refuse to stand and respect our country's national anthem meanwhile making millions of dollars a year all this while we have veterans living on the streets. Naw it's time for change.

I get that reasoning for turning away from professional sports completely.

My issue here is the narrative of the NFL shielding criminals.

Every major sport has some bad people in it, which overshadows many good people. People go after these sports anytime someone breaks the law, when the fact is, this element exists in every segment of our population.

Does the FMCSA shield drug smugglers, pedophiles, rapists, and murderers? One would think so because there is plenty of that within our industry.

I got into this debate with folks a long time ago.

In the NFL, if you are abusing your wife or girlfriend, you are likely to be suspended pending an investigation immediately. You have simply been accused at that point, but because of the microscope the league is under, you will be treated as guilty until proven innocent.

If I'm driving a truck for somebody like JB Hunt or WalMart (getting a public and private fleet here), and my wife reports me to abuse, I am still free to do my job, nothing is reported on the news, and life goes on.

So, unless somebody can show me instances where players are conducting criminal acts, and the NFL knew about it and tried to cover it up to keep the player on the field, then this accusation of shielding players is absolutely without merit and.....

I demand a mistrial with prejudice!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread