The Long and Winding Road...

ironpony

Professional Pot-Stirrer
:yahoo:

Tooele Ut at the hook fer another minute. Blastin' outta here fer Colton Cali. Gonna give them desert tortoises a run fer their rocks!

:rolllaugh3:

Nailed the frickin' turtle... passed a douchebag with two dogs chained on the back of an open flatbed doolie.

Parawon at the TeeYay. Grillin' chicken tonight.

:tease:

Parawon at the TeeYay. Grillin' chicken tonight.

:tease:

upload_2015-6-14_22-18-2.jpeg

slow+birds+in+grill.JPG

So... deadhead (paid) down to Colton, with an overnight at Hedperia. Good steak at the Outpost. Must have a serious loser newb in sales... had to badger even the basic load info outta them. And its boogie off to McCarran NV. Nice trip up US395.

So I get here, after much back 'n forth over ETA with dispatch... early. How about that promised appointment? "We can't get them to send us an email back." Frickin' losers! Ever hear of a phone? In less than 2 minutes, I get my own appointment and confirmation, but I get to sit all day to git there. This is gonna cost em.

Next adventure.... deadhead to Chico CA for expensive beer, that gets me back to Denver in time for the sawbones to verify I'm still kickin'.

Bucket list: Finally did Donner, twice.

Took all day ta get rid of the Walmart load, so it made fer a verrrryyyy long day. Rest areas on Donner were standing room only, so made it to Reno. Rest area east of Salt Lake tonight.

So... spent Father's Day in Denver, caught up on my play time with my grandson. Can't beat it!

Came back out Monday, ran down to Liberal KS fer a load of combos. In Zeeland MI, campin' out at my receiver. Managed to jog around a large size accident in Chesterton IN that had I94 shutdown.

Got screwed by Kelloggs yesterday. They booked a load, changed their mind and put on a Crete trailer. Looks like I'll be getting some TONU pay. Got a repower to My Vernon IL... the bad of it was an overnight run. Money was a bit less.

Loading in Decatur, and dropping it here, then going to Beardstown for a 3 stopper that finals in Baltimore.

So, I spend all frickin' day in Decatur IL dealing with the useless slowtards at ADM, get out of the dock at 3 AM Saturday morning. The plan that was laid out for me by MANAGEMENT was do this, drop it there, git on down the road and get a much better paying load out of Beardstown that won't be ready until later that afternoon.

Do my depart call with night dispatch, and I get some kid learning the ropes who informs me none of this is happening, and I better just scoot my ass down the road to Atlanta. Huh? Let this child know what I thought of that, and his job performance in suscinct verbiage... probably not a good plan to pull this on me with the little sleep I'd had in the last 48, and he hangs up on me.

So I head on down to the PEElot, call him back, and get the night supervisor on the horn. Everything is kosher, plan is good drop the load, and grab some Z's. Funny, junior seems to have a whole different attitude when I was doing the QC stuff later.

Got dead piggies for a Baltimore 3-stopper. At TA Whitestown fer a few more. Neglected trailer maintenance done too... 4 tires and cracked brake pads at one position.

hey i have a serious question...you are still at Prime, right ? they make u set a governer on your truck, right ? just curious...

Is MTO part of RCMP?

@rigjockey ?
Nope! MTO are not even cops of any kind. They enforce the highway traffic act and issue tickets. For the most part the MTO are guys that have a mechanical background or trucking background.
My cousin is an MTO inspector.

RCMP are a federal agency and the MTO is Provincial.

Baltimire MD. Yep, got here around 0130, and pulled into Giant down in Jessup. After a short delay, its into a door 'n settle down fer a nap. All without an appointment. Two drops downtown in the skinny street part 'o town, and headed over to the TA.

So its up to Jersey fer a load 'o Jersey's finest hazmat in the AM. Gonna git up there tonight and avoid the' morning slows, an' its off to th' Midwest on a three-stopper.

Marengo, IN... 2 down, 1 to go. Left stop 2 today, placarded hazmat load, this stop was inside the Columbus circle by the Bud brewery. Getting back onto I71 to go up one exit to get on I270, the hazmat route, go by a DOT cop. As soon as I go by, he puts it in gear (here it comes...) he lights me up.

So... I grab the signed bill and sez its a local delivery. The dude looks so totally deflated. Must a been counting up that big ol' fine before it got writ up!

:rolllaugh:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread