The Life And Times Of Uncle Birchy.

Uncle Birchy

I would be thinking after my Divorce some years ago at another company.

Was this nice dispather and she would always smile at me even call me by Mr.

At the yard she'd be out on smoke break and we talk and laugh.

About a month later I was gonna be stuck at the yard all weekend.

Worked up the "Nerve" put my arms around her and asked her if she was wanted to go out..

Had NO IDEA that she was "Married" and also 3 kids.

Just thought she liked me .

Welp on my DAC Report is "Sexual Harassment".

Doesn't stop those that check they just gotta "Ask" Why

Look not long after my "Divorce" and I just got the "Wrong Signals" from her.

Also to note is the FACT that I countinued working there 3/4 months after the Date I signed the "Reprimand"

If it was All that think they'd FIRED my Dumbass on the Spot right then and there
I would also like to "note" that Expirience has made me "Paranoid" around Women to this day .

Even on the trails at the forest preserve come up on a lady I kinda annonce my "presence" as to not sneak up on her..

Then I like hike ahead and pray.

I was always taught the Guy makes "The Move"..

These Days she had better be about Sexually Assaulting me just so I know it's "Safe"

Uncle Birchy

And stories like that are why I dont even wanna be in the same room as office females… unless its “you stay over there and I’ll stay over here”
Welp as I mentioned previously I was only "Reprimanded" and keep the Signed Dated Copy of that.

Continued to work there months later until I "quit"..

So to "spite" me because I went home put that on my DAC Report along with scrapping the side of a trailer that their shop just spray-painted over anyways

I just thought she "into" me atleast gave me that impression anyways so I only put my arm around her and Asked Her Out.

That's all

Rigjockey

In Gord we trust!
I would be thinking after my Divorce some years ago at another company.

Was this nice dispather and she would always smile at me even call me by Mr.

At the yard she'd be out on smoke break and we talk and laugh.

About a month later I was gonna be stuck at the yard all weekend.

Worked up the "Nerve" put my arms around her and asked her if she was wanted to go out..

Had NO IDEA that she was "Married" and also 3 kids.

Just thought she liked me .

Welp on my DAC Report is "Sexual Harassment".

Doesn't stop those that check they just gotta "Ask" Why

Look not long after my "Divorce" and I just got the "Wrong Signals" from her.

Also to note is the FACT that I countinued working there 3/4 months after the Date I signed the "Reprimand"

If it was All that think they'd FIRED my Dumbass on the Spot right then and there
Don't dip your pen in the company ink. It will almost never end well.

Uncle Birchy

Don't dip your pen in the company ink. It will almost never end well.
Ya my "new" policy is Fire My Stupid Ass..

But they too "Cheap" to Pay Unemployment..

So they just make your life a Living Hell On Earth so ya comeback throw the keys on the desk and cuss "incoherently"..

Btw @Rigjockey that DAC REPORT doesn't mean what it used too..

10/15 years ago that was a big deal..

Today these companies are so "Desparate" as long as ya Pee Clean, Insurable MVR, and Pass a Road Test they got a Seat for Any @$$

Uncle Birchy

Anything over 1000 watts you shouldn't have an issue. Long as it's not one of those super cheap plug in the cigarette lighter inverters.

One place I worked had a good inverter in the truck but for whatever reason the printer did not like the power it put out so in addition they also got me one of those cigarette lighter specials to run the printer.
I paid like $35/$40 bucks once for a Truckstop Coffeemaker plugs into the Cigarette Lighter jacks ..

Took like Half an Hour to make a 4 cupper and over flow and about Pee Warm.

Threw it in the dumpster behind the shop

Had I saved my "reciept" would've tried to "Return" It atleast for Gift Card or Store Credit.

Live & Learn I guess

Last edited:

Rigjockey

In Gord we trust!
Also wanna see how that holds before I hit a Walmart buy a Coffee maker and big can of Maxwell House.

My guess is the Truckstops are rooting "Against" me.

Heck a "Refill" with your own mug is getting 2 be a Buck & Half approximately $1.83 at TA after $ales Taxes..

Gosh I brought my Own Mug....Taste Like Crap and Still ya want better part of $2bucks..
That will all depend on how many watts your invertor is.
I have to say being able to make your own coffee is so much better than depending on truck stops.
You can have a coffee anytime you like when parked safely and you can use what ever kind of coffee you enjoy.

When I was OTR I had a single serve coffee maker.
It was pretty good because it brewed right into the travel mug that it came with. Mind you that travel mug was maybe 16 OZ.

mndriver

curmudgeon extraordinare
Anything over 1000 watts you shouldn't have an issue. Long as it's not one of those super cheap plug in the cigarette lighter inverters.

One place I worked had a good inverter in the truck but for whatever reason the printer did not like the power it put out so in addition they also got me one of those cigarette lighter specials to run the printer.
Full sine vs modified sine wave.

some of the cheaper inkjet do okay, I have yet to get a laser to work in the truck without spending the coin to get a really quality inverter.

Hillbilly Canuck

Full sine vs modified sine wave.

some of the cheaper inkjet do okay, I have yet to get a laser to work in the truck without spending the coin to get a really quality inverter.
I knew that I just wasn't thinking of the word. I hear TVs laptops and some other electronics don't like the modified wave either. I dare not try that.

Uncle Birchy

Fixing that Pre-Pass ..

@Sinister ain't because our company is bad.

Apparently I went down the Transponder lane on a Turnpike didn't read so they mailed the company office a Bill with my Truck going through photographed plus Extra Fees for having to Mail It.

I then remembered @Duck telling me something about lower that down so it reads

Put it up on dash ...Gotmy "First" Scale Greenlight in months the 35 scale south of Kansas City..

I'm now gonna glue it to lower center of the windshield ..

Reads now should be getting my Green Lights too and No more Toll Road billing fees and the company asking me why because ya got Pre-Pass

Sinister

pari animositate
Staff member
Premium
Fixing that Pre-Pass ..

@Sinister ain't because our company is bad.

Apparently I went down the Transponder lane on a Turnpike didn't read so they mailed the company office a Bill with my Truck going through photographed plus Extra Fees for having to Mail It.

I then remembered @Duck telling me something about lower that down so it reads

Put it up on dash ...Gotmy "First" Scale Greenlight in months the 35 scale south of Kansas City..

I'm now gonna glue it to lower center of the windshield ..

Reads now should be getting my Green Lights too and No more Toll Road billing fees and the company asking me why because ya got Pre-Pass
That only really applies if you have a visor. Our Cascadia have no visor and my prepass is mounted at the top and works fine.

Uncle Birchy

That only really applies if you have a visor. Our Cascadia have no visor and my prepass is mounted at the top and works fine.
Welp before I literally Gorrila tape it about what would be center so it it Reads.

Earlier just layed it loose over the dashboard but heard the tone and picked her up GREEN LIGHT passed the Kansas Scale on 35

Mike

Staff member
Welp before I literally Gorrila tape it about what would be center so it it Reads.

Earlier just layed it loose over the dashboard but heard the tone and picked her up GREEN LIGHT passed the Kansas Scale on 35

Lower is what is recommended by Prepass. Have always had mine mounted low and never had a problem with is.

3m has their own hook and loop type tape that works great for this. Prepass will actually send it to you, but you can get it at walmart and just cut it to size easily.

Uncle Birchy

Lower is what is recommended by Prepass. Have always had mine mounted low and never had a problem with is.

3m has their own hook and loop type tape that works great for this. Prepass will actually send it to you, but you can get it at walmart and just cut it to size easily.
Back at the yard first suggestion was check the batteries.

I pulled it back beeps like the smoke alarm at house so batteries good .

They gave me a couple spares just in case.

16238139150766796989314104081026.jpg16238139150766796989314104081026.jpg

Uncle Birchy

I honestly can't believe anyone still smokes these days.

Instead of becoming this thing that only rich people do like it used to be its now relegated to the dumbest, trashiest people despite insane price and tax increases.

I never figured out how people at the bottom of society live on regular motels and stuff either.

How is it the lowest people on the economic ladder have such expensive habits and surroundings?

I think maybe I have such wrong ideas. Maybe I need to change the way I think.
The reason I still pay $8/$9 a pack is it's "Comfort" to me.

I know it's a giant waste of cash even killed of my "Momma" just before her 70th birthday.

I dunno I just like em "enjoy" em.

Did "successfully" Quit almost 3 years awhile back.

Then I took a new job and having a "Bad" Day & break half the floor was out front Smoking..

I "bummed" one..

After I got home went to the Gas Station bought just a "Pack" was gonna Smoke one and stash that in the drawer.

About 2 days later I bought a Cartoon and been "Gone" ever since.

Sad part is unlike my "drinking" where sometimes I go to AA and "try" even get "Dedicated" about Sobriety..

Cigarettes never tried to "Quit" again

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Posts