The last person to receive benefits from the Civil War recently passed away.

Mike

Ok, this blew my mind. I only found it because of civil war searches due to the things are county is currently dealing with. (and we are not here to discuss those things)

So, a lady just passed away, who was the daughter of a soldier from the civil war. Yes, the civil war. The father jumped from he south to the north when it was clear that the North was gonna win, and by doing so, he was able to receive a pension that carried on to his spouse and children.

The man managed to make babies in his 80's, married someone over 50 years younger, and a daughter from that marriage was here until just recently.

You would think that the civil war was several generations ago. Turns out, several generations wasn't that long ago. Life is short.

And people wonder why there is still a strong affinity to the confederate flag.
I’m surprised the Bonnie blue hasn’t exploded since that was so demonized.

Ok, this blew my mind. I only found it because of civil war searches due to the things are county is currently dealing with. (and we are not here to discuss those things)

So, a lady just passed away, who was the daughter of a soldier from the civil war. Yes, the civil war. The father jumped from he south to the north when it was clear that the North was gonna win, and by doing so, he was able to receive a pension that carried on to his spouse and children.

The man managed to make babies in his 80's, married someone over 50 years younger, and a daughter from that marriage was here until just recently.

You would think that the civil war was several generations ago. Turns out, several generations wasn't that long ago. Life is short.

That reminds me of an Andy Griffin show rerun..

Some old dude with a ramshackle house was broke and getting Foreclosed on..

Sheriff Taylor and Barney not wanting to comply with Eviction Duties said ain't you got something ya can sell.

So they looked through his junk and found Civil War bonds worth half a million his grandma gave him and just kept for momentous...

Anyhow turns out it would bankrupt the Mayberry Bank if he cashed it so the whole town got together and fixed his house up like brand new and let him stay..

Later turns out they were "Confederate" War Bonds hence worthless

That reminds me of an Andy Griffin show rerun..

Some old dude with a ramshackle house was broke and getting Foreclosed on..

Sheriff Taylor and Barney not wanting to comply with Eviction Duties said ain't you got something ya can sell.

So they looked through his junk and found Civil War bonds worth half a million his grandma gave him and just kept for momentous...

Anyhow turns out it would bankrupt the Mayberry Bank if he cashed it so the whole town got together and fixed his house up like brand new and let him stay..

Later turns out they were "Confederate" War Bonds hence worthless
I just saw that one not too long ago.

That's how boring I am.

I'd rather watch Andy Griffith than that walking dead breaking bad thrones game tiger king bullshit everyone rambles on endlessly about these days.

I just saw that one not too long ago.

That's how boring I am.

I'd rather watch Andy Griffith than that walking dead breaking bad thrones game tiger king bullshit everyone rambles on endlessly about these days.

Don't feel bad...

When it comes to "Crime Drama" I miss Hunter and Rockford Files..

Just can't get into CSI and all that new stuff..

I like HIGH SPEED chases and GUNFIRE..

The streets of 1986 were "actually" WORSE than Today

Back then ya hadda "Balls" n know how to get away...though if ya got caught ya got "slammed"

These days everybody on a Database

The Minneapolis city council just heard you say that and said "hold my beer"

😂
Just "easier" to be a Criminal back then even through the 90s...

Today there's so much Surveillance and Technology..

Secondly it's the "People"...Paranoid "cusswords" online who at 1st sign of danger call 911 and start recording video off their iPhones..

Back in the 1980s 1990s just hadda have some "Balls" n basic Common Sense ya could go on like a decade crime spree..

Prison sentences were "lighter" back then too ....

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread