The Island of Misfit Toys

Ugh, you're a mind reader. That's the only thing I truly dislike is trying to a dnh or load/unload at 2am in a poorly lit spot. But other than that, these hours rock.
Pulling cans, I got myself some magnetic LED spot lights to stick to the side of the box. 99% of the time I'm too lazy to get out and stick 'em but if it's bad enough, they help. Throw 'em on the rear of the box and they light the way.

@Snowblind @MIT Here's some fun irony. I'm picking up a load in Brockway PA going to Trenton. I'll give you one guess what it is. The broker that gave me the load said that "the commodity wasn't listed, but it's heavy. Just wanted to make sure you're okay with the weight". Yup, I know what it is. Looks like I'm hauling bottles to Miller. Feeling nostalgic at the moment :) And by the way if you've never been to the Owens location in Brockway PA, consider yourself lucky. Old school docks/setup, with a very militant angry woman running the forklift. I'm still gonna be smiling. It's gonna feel like time traveling.

Just drop tue thing at Wayne Madison and GTFO, then it will really be like old times.

Reactions: MIT
Jesus... do they still make that crap?

I didb't think so but I don't know for sure. Think it was just a sign that's been there since forever.

Walked in place to grab dinner a little bit ago bit they weren't serving food yet, forgot to ask. Basic old time small town corner bar type place, really nice folks.

Wish the kitchen was open, in my younger (drinking) days this would have been my kinda place.

This was out in the parking lot.

Attachments

• 20190810_140716.jpg
    20190810_140716.jpg
    289.4 KB · Views: 11
I didb't think so but I don't know for sure. Think it was just a sign that's been there since forever.

Walked in place to grab dinner a little bit ago bit they weren't serving food yet, forgot to ask. Basic old time small town corner bar type place, really nice folks.

Wish the kitchen was open, in my younger (drinking) days this would have been my kinda place.

This was out in the parking lot.
Looks like somewhere I'd appreciate 😂😂😂

Pulling cans, I got myself some magnetic LED spot lights to stick to the side of the box. 99% of the time I'm too lazy to get out and stick 'em but if it's bad enough, they help. Throw 'em on the rear of the box and they light the way.
That's a good idea, I'm gonna have to hunt some of those down.

Well @Snowblind after a couple conversations with the wife last night and that tour guy I told you about, looks like I'm gonna go on tour. Putting my app in tomorrow when I get back up. Looks like I'll be starting another thread lol. Can't possibly have a gig like that and not post it. Who knows, maybe I'll get to meet my girl some day. One can only hope (fingers crossed). I know this, I'm done running spot freight. That crap is for the birds.

Last edited:
@Snowblind dude I did an image search for that bar... what are you doing in North Dakota??? Isn't that a bit out of your range?

Last edited:
@Snowblind dude I did an image search for that bar... what are you doing in North Dakota??? Isn't that a bit out of your range?

Yeah, but they like to keep me out of sorts.

Sorry about earlier, pulled out of rest area and immediatly lost everything. No phone service, no sending/getting text messages, no email.

For all its beauty Montana is a Verizon black hole. Luckily when I parked a little bit ago I was looking to see what networks the phone was picking up. Now there is an "In cab hotspot" on the list since they installed the new ELD.

Only took about 4 minutes to figure out the password and be able to get on line and make a couple VOIP calls.

Well @Snowblind after a couple conversations with the wife last night and that tour guy I told you about, looks like I'm gonna go on tour. Putting my app in tomorrow when I get back up. Looks like I'll be starting another thread lol. Can't possibly have a gig like that and not post it. Who knows, maybe I'll get to meet my girl some day. One can only hope (fingers crossed). I know this, I'm done running spot freight. That crap is for the birds.

Hope it works out well for ya man. Financially I always that was the way to go but leaned the other way with my response when you asked because of the home life and being away from it.

Hope you never get to meet her though, divorces are expensive :)

Hope it works out well for ya man. Financially I always that was the way to go but leaned the other way with my response when you asked because of the home life and being away from it.

Pffft ninja please. She won't want anything to do with me. I just want to meet her. Besides... no matter how hot she is to me, she ain't got nothing on Mrs Junkie. She's my spirit animal.

Not sure if I read this correctly. Are you saying that you think this was the better move? Like it or not, I'm using you as a compass right now. Your input matters, always did. And Mrs Junkie said if I meet Lizzy and some weird twist of fate creates an opportunity, the answer is HELL NO! Rofl

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread