The Ever Increasing Difficulty of Life on the Road

Every worker is subject to a maximum hours allowed to work. Most do not know it. I would be not to happy if the T.V. delivery guy claimed they where out of hours and was going to take their break on my couch. If I called the police they would give him a ride and a place to sleep and a ticket if not a criminal trespass.

Truckers do not get to legally squat. Because of a fed law.
TV delivery guys don't have log books. Unless they're delivering 400 TV's all once ....

Now THAT is as funny as hell. :biglaugh:Give the "noobs" and "wanna-be's" another pipe dream. :foreheadslap:

Wonder how many we'll get on here whining "But it was in the PAPERS so it must be true".:taunt:

Gawd, ya gotta love the big-city Lib rags when they try to be relevant to us peons. :stare1:

Just all kinds of bags of tricks out there huh!!! lol....I got some doubts about it ever happening...Think it is all talk and no action..the same BS!!!

True story or not. S**t happens in trucking. And nobody said life in general was going to be fair. Suck it up buttercup or move on to something easier. Your going to have problems, but I love the satisfaction of a job well done. I've done Wal-Mart DC's and stores never had that problem. And I load at Wal-Mart in Butte, Montana almost every week for last couple of years. But in saying that your attitude toward your shipper of receiver makes a world of difference in how your treated.

Now THAT is as funny as hell. :biglaugh:Give the "noobs" and "wanna-be's" another pipe dream. :foreheadslap:

I dunno...
When I started driving it was tough to get on with a company that offered hoods.
And the IBT drivers I knew still didn't have A/C for the most part.

Right after buying my first hood I recall telling another driver (on the CB) how nice it was to take my pants off without laying down when some cranky old cuss butted in and started bitching me out for being a wimp.
:confused:
Say, were you in Missouri 25 years ago??
:D

I dunno...
When I started driving it was tough to get on with a company that offered hoods.
And the IBT drivers I knew still didn't have A/C for the most part.

Right after buying my first hood I recall telling another driver (on the CB) how nice it was to take my pants off without laying down when some cranky old cuss butted in and started *****ing me out for being a wimp.
:confused:
Say, were you in Missouri 25 years ago??
:D

I find myself in here all alone this early morning ha ha ha....And when I am by myself I can have more fun getting into things...lol
Now what is so wimpy about a fellow wanting to shed his draws...lol....You fellows sure have a lot of problems...smile!
Have a good day should you find this!!!

He left at 3 and parked at 6. That's a 9-hour break.

He arrived at 1:50 and drove for at least 10:15 minutes. ( its actually 10:50 but he got off the road twice and stopped at least once). So he rolled 350ish miles in a snow storm. Why was he one the road in such bad conditions?

Walmart's I have been to let you have more than 10-15 minutes late in the appointment window.

Sounds like a driver that needs to grow a pair and be responsible and learn to say no.

So he would have delivered a day later. He wouldn't have done so in violation of hos or in risky weather.

It also sounds like a dispatcher that was shirking his duties and not supporting the driver like he should have.

JMO

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread