The dealer said......

THBatMan8

When I bought my Dakota, the dealer told me they did a tune up and a 120 point inspection.

My ass.

This is a spark plug I pulled out of my truck, and one of the many reasons why I don't trust salesmen or mechanics for that matter. Damn things were completely worn out. IMG_20190811_111219459.jpg

When I bought my Dakota, the dealer told me they did a tune up and a 120 point inspection.

My ass.

This is a spark plug I pulled out of my truck, and one of the many reasons why I don't trust salesmen or mechanics for that matter. Damn things were completely worn out. View attachment 51772
today, there are different meanings to things we used to know. a tune up nowadays could have just been a new air filter. many spark plugs can go up to 100,000 miles, though i'd never let mine go past 60,000.

one time, for a car, it was common to have one "winterized", which when i turned wrenches, that was a flush and refill of the coolant, new spark plugs, points, condenser, maybe a cap, rotor and wire set, especially if those were not replaced in the summertime.

then the battery would be cleaned, the terminals were removed and cleaned, and the battery filled up with distilled water. fan belts were replaced if needed. tires were either changed over to the snow tires, or rotated, and the air pressure up to the label on the door jamb.

brakes would be checked and adjusted, all fluid levels topped off..

rinse, repeat in early/late spring, for summer time.....except the coolant flush......but new spark plugs, air/gas filters, maybe new wiper blades.

cars with a/c, would get a check up, add freon if needed, maybe compressor oil, or back then, a new compressor front seal, since back in the day, a/c compressors were not used during the cold weather, like they have been for a couple, or three decades now, when you turn on the defrosters.

I don't trust any person in sales or anyone in a suit.
Ladies and Gentlemen, Salesmen, cheats and liars by the lowest of the low. Good 90s tune yo!

Lately I've added most mechanics to the list of people not to trust. More recently I had to replace the water pump on my truck when I took it to get an oil change. The shop I went too quoted me $500 for parts and labor and said it would be a full day.

I laughed and left. Went to AutoZone, got the parts I needed and 1 hour and $100 later I had the water pump and the oil changed myself.

The time I spent over the years watching mechanics work helped.

Life must be tough if you believe in idiocy like that...somebody apparently didn't get enough hugs as a child. Hang in there creampuff...it's not as bad as you think. :p
To be honest, I don’t believe that you DONT tell a buyer exactly what they need to hear to make a purchase. You get paid commissions brother. It’s the name of the game.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread