The Broke Down Thread. Post Here to Whine About Breakdowns.

Sinister

pari animositate
Fargo Freightliner just pulled an empty fleet truck into the shop and I've been sitting here 3 hours waiting to get a test drive for a diagnosis and a bay to see what's up with this insane vibration.

So far it feels like a driveline issue.

I extended my week and all I had to do today was drive back to the DC and go home.

Annoys me they let a real person sit here while a fleet truck from a fleet with tons of trucks gets a spit.

Whine.

Fargo Freightliner just pulled an empty fleet truck into the shop and I've been sitting here 3 hours waiting to get a test drive for a diagnosis and a bay to see what's up with this insane vibration.

So far it feels like a driveline issue.

I extended my week and all I had to do today was drive back to the DC and go home.

Annoys me they let a real person sit here while a fleet truck from a fleet with tons of trucks gets a spit.

Whine.
Aint Walmart a Fleet Truck too?

Okay Empty but usually those places work on 1st come 1st served basis..

That empty one probably got there yesterday

Me an some other dude were sleeping soundly in the drivers lounge.

Some female driver came in at some point.

Apparently she ordered a pizza. And HAD IT NOISILY DELIVERED.

Then says, "I didn't mean to wake you'll up."

Then TAKE YOUR ******* DELIVERY AT THE FRONT DOOR.

Women simply cannot stand to see men idle and resting.

So much for a post or Pretrip….
It's not officially listed. Not to mention starting and stopping in the dark.

Don't start no shit there won't be no shit.

And anyone who claims they inspect driveline components in detail is completely full of shit.

NOT TO MENTION...exactly how would catching this on an inspection result in anything other than breakdown time anyway?

Jesus Christ stop talking. Most of the time.

Last edited:
Now that's she's gorged herself on Pizza straight out of the box despite being handed plates by the delivery person, and offering none to the people shed just woken up, she's asleep and snoring loudly.

I hate people.

I even have a T shirt that says so.

Oh good. She just left. She wasn't here long. She was probably lying just getting a headlight changed.

I almost felt bad for her on the way out. She had a bit of a hard time carrying the remains of her pizza, herself, AND walking with the cane I didn't notice.

She asked the guy sitting over there, "Did I snore?"

I did not see or hear what his answer was.

If she had to ask, she knows that she does.
She's been gone a while now.

Theres pretty much 100% silence in this room with this other guy sitting here. We haven't spoken. At all.

This is quite likely the greatest relationship I've ever had with another human.

The only noise is the circulation system. And apparently the parts department gets an INSANE amount of calls.

I'm told the truck is almost done. Which is cool because my battery is dying.

The problem is I won't make it back to the DC today. Which means it will be tomorrow. Which will be the ONE and only time I have worked I to a 7th day here.

So I'm thinking instead of a Wednesday start I'll come in Thursday so I'll still have a restart in.

Which is pretty good considering I didn't work anywhere near my full 5 days this week because I took off last Wednesday and Thursday.

Which. Which. Which.

It's an odd spelling...

Theres pretty much 100% silence in this room with this other guy sitting here. We haven't spoken. At all.

This is quite likely the greatest relationship I've ever had with another human.

The only noise is the circulation system. And apparently the parts department gets an INSANE amount of calls.
Probably the best one you'll ever have too. I hate small talk and idle chatter. STFU and watch the TV. I'm trying to ignore you.

It's not officially listed. Not to mention starting and stopping in the dark.

Don't start no shit there won't be no shit.

And anyone who claims they inspect driveline components in detail is completely full of shit.

NOT TO MENTION...exactly how would catching this on an inspection result in anything other than breakdown time anyway?

Jesus Christ stop talking. Most of the time.
My deck plates prevent me from being able to peek down into the abyss like that photo. When I'm down under there greasing things I'll give everything a good wiggle or yank but that's definitely not daily pretrip stuff. Plus it's my truck.

And my Mack doesn't even have a carrier bearing. They just gave it a long driveshaft. The Ford has one though and it's surprisingly still good.

My deck plates prevent me from being able to peek down into the abyss like that photo. When I'm down under there greasing things I'll give everything a good wiggle or yank but that's definitely not daily pretrip stuff. Plus it's my truck.

And my Mack doesn't even have a carrier bearing. They just gave it a long driveshaft. The Ford has one though and it's surprisingly still good.
They put a new bracket on this one. Or that silver piece is part of it.

Weird.

20210927_161114.jpg

If you still have some shakes check out the drive tire depths. I just rotated mine from front to back and vice versa because the driven axle was way low compared to the free spinner. All that torque wears the driven ones down faster.

Switching them gained me some MPGs due to less slippage, better transmission shifts, a smoother (but not perfect because NONE of them actually match) ride, and added 4 inches to my penis.

My truck is sitting at the dealer lot as we speak. I’m waiting on it so I can get back to work, I’m just choosing to not sit at the dealer.

What makes your snowflake Walmart self so self important that you should go in front of me? ;)

1632779769726.gif

This truck is still a manual therefore my size is still measured in AU*.

Astronomical Units.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread