Tesla Driver Busted Sleeping On Freeway going 82mph

Id take a '69 Cadillac over a 2021 Tesla all day everyday! :thumbsup:
i prefer the old mercedes diesels. turn it into a grease car fill it up with used veggie oil.. funny how everyone wants to pass you while your rolling down the freeway smelling like a taco stand :biggrin-2:

I don't see why we can't live with EV and regular cars like we do now. Maybe I only care because I like hearing the V-12 out of my suv

Third time's a charm...

A man was pulled over on May 16th by the Kenosha County Sheriff’s Office, who had been alerted to "a man in a black Tesla" who was "asleep at the wheel" on the interstate.

When a patrol car found the vehicle on the interstate, they noticed "the man at the wheel had his eyes lowered and his head turned, giving the distinct impression that he was not paying attention to the road," according to autoevolution.

The officer then put his lights on, before following the Tesla for two miles, waiting for the "driver" to wake up. Once he finally noticed that an officer was attempting to pull him over, the driver denied sleeping at the wheel and simply claimed he was "a little bit tired".

What's the whole point to having a self driving vehicle, if you can't take a nap?

I agree with that sentiment. If I can't trust it and have the legal ability to snooze or do other things there's no point having it.
Think of the health benefits of a little extra sleep here and there over a lifetime.

Maybe trucking would have less crabby man children.

EV's=restricted capabilities!! When they run out of charge in 150 miles; instant boat anchor.
People with EVs and plug-in hybrids should be the first ones to get their power cut off when the grid becomes overwhelmed and they do rolling blackouts.

People with EVs and plug-in hybrids should be the first ones to get their power cut off when the grid becomes overwhelmed and they do rolling blackouts.
Why?

In places like Washington state they pay hefty extra fees at registration. Which is essentially government penalizing a choice that government seems to advocate.

I think maybe able bodied people who choose not to work are better candidates for the restrictions on resources.

Exactly.

Penalizing people because of the type of vehicle they choose is senseless.
Not to mention the already high cost of these vehicles. These people are using their own money to contribute to innovation that like it or not is happening.

Why?

In places like Washington state they pay hefty extra fees at registration. Which is essentially government penalizing a choice that government seems to advocate.

I think maybe able bodied people who choose not to work are better candidates for the restrictions on resources.
Wisconsin also past a similar law under former administration of Scott Walker in 2017 or 2018..

Basically the idea was EVs and Hybrids wernt paying their "Fair Share" or Road Use Taxes because they don't buy as much gasoline or in the case of fully EV no gas at all..

Basically @Sinister think of it as the "GOP" version of "Equality" and "Fairness" although quite "ironic" in a Solid Blue Democrat place like State of Washington..

i'll keep driving my gas guzzler before i bought an ev :thefinger: !!!
I think out in California alotta people buy em just so they can use the Carpool Lanes while Cal-Trans conducts Street Sweeping on the Freeway at 9 in the MORNING instead of oh after Midnight which would make alot more sense..

Last time I dropped in Ontario there was like 5/6 mile Backup on the Pomona Freeway at NOON

It wasn't a wreck it was Cal-Trans blocking 2 lanes for Street Sweeping ..

ARE they on freaking DOPE

Wisconsin also past a similar law under former administration of Scott Walker in 2017 or 2018..

Basically the idea was EVs and Hybrids wernt paying their "Fair Share" or Road Use Taxes because they don't buy as much gasoline or in the case of fully EV no gas at all..

Basically @Sinister think of it as the "GOP" version of "Equality" and "Fairness" although quite "ironic" in a Solid Blue Democrat place like State of Washington..

Washington isn't exactly solid blue nor is Wisconsin. Not like California anyway.

The county I was look at moving to Washington is pretty deep red.

Why?

The power grid can't handle the load of all the chargers if everyone had them. Not even if 20% had them.

The EV people are the ones who will be overloading the grid. They should be the ones cut off when the system is overwhelmed.

It's called common sense.

As for the able bodied people who choose not to work, ****in ship them off to the Soylent Green factory. 😎

Exactly.

Penalizing people because of the type of vehicle they choose is senseless.
No it makes perfect sense, as I just explained.

Upgrade the power grids first, then it will no longer be a problem.

When an old lady's air conditioner won't work in Florida heat because several yuppies on her block blew a transformer charging their status symbols all at the same time, that's a problem.

No it makes perfect sense, as I just explained.

Upgrade the power grids first, then it will no longer be a problem.

When an old lady's air conditioner won't work in Florida heat because several yuppies on her block blew a transformer charging their status symbols all at the same time, that's a problem.
Just one question where is all this new electricity going to come from?

Buddy in the Tesla admitted he was tired. Being behind the wheel tire is in fact impaired driving and he should have been charged accordingly.
Short of a driver actually admitting to have fallen asleep behind the wheel I think that would be a stretch to prove in a court of law where as Alcohol and Drugs can be tested for to prove state of being intoxicated.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread