Team Driving

grandma

Hi all, I love team driving, but no longer have a team mate. I am now finding out that the companies are not helping people find a team driver anymore. Solo is ok, but really like the money that the team driving brings in! Any ideas on how to go about finding a team mate??

Hi all, I love team driving, but no longer have a team mate. I am now finding out that the companies are not helping people find a team driver anymore. Solo is ok, but really like the money that the team driving brings in! Any ideas on how to go about finding a team mate??

Marry a tuck driver?

I know a website that helps you find a " indiscreet partner"..... oops. Wrong type of partner.

Hi Grandma. Welcome to the board. Schneider does help find a teammate. Also, I have seen ads placed on a bulletin board inside another terminal. Don't know how successful that would be though. Are you currently driving, or looking for a company to drive for?

Teams is tough enough but with someone you don't no at all. They might have nasty ass habits like nose pickin and butt scratching and not in that order with the same finger.

That's odd when I tried team several years ago seemed to me it was the company makinglots more money not us

Not only were the paychecks smaller it was awfully hard to sleep bouncing down our beat up roads

To make things worse my co driver wanted to switch places every two or three hours
Whereas I do better to drive my hours through and sleep my full 8

Anyhow team sucks and I will never drive team ever again

Looks like grandma was a one post wonder. Too bad.

As for teams not earning as much as solo, that may be true for teams in the large mega-fleets, who are not husband/wife, brother/brother, etc.

I know that the husband/wife teams running the dedicated runs for my company rake in some serious money. I've heard varying numbers, from $10k to $15k a month for company drivers, and much higher for the owner operator husband/wife teams.

Of course my company is small, we haul high dollar freight that pays well, and the work is consistent.

oh i couldnt IMAGINE teaming with someone i didnt know...hell over half the time i dont wanna team with my husband....after runnin team for almost 21 years...its not like you can go in the sleeper and slam the curtain....its HARD ..thank goodness we still like each other....as well as love and being in love...otherwise it wouldnt have worked this long....many times i said "stop this damn truck...i am walking"....and DID....course i dont do that anymore....lol you have to get along REALLLLLYYYY well with someone to team....its hard living with another person as it is, but especially in a box smaller than most peoples closet...

oh i couldnt IMAGINE teaming with someone i didnt know...hell over half the time i dont wanna team with my husband....after runnin team for almost 21 years...its not like you can go in the sleeper and slam the curtain....its HARD ..thank goodness we still like each other....as well as love and being in love...otherwise it wouldnt have worked this long....many times i said "stop this damn truck...i am walking"....and DID....course i dont do that anymore....lol you have to get along REALLLLLYYYY well with someone to team....its hard living with another person as it is, but especially in a box smaller than most peoples closet...

I disagree. Hard? No, IMPOSSIBLE! MM and I have been together, worked together and lived together in a truck for 27 years. We get along better when we're together than apart. Living with someone you don't know is, for all practical purposes and intents, IMPOSSIBLE! I did it for FFE back in the 80's and it's a miracle I didn't wind up in jail!
I will be the first to admit that I'm not the easiest person in the world to get along with, but I can't abide some fat, nasty, smelly idiot who doesn't know what water is for other than drinking and snores like a buffalo during mating season. Nevermind that he dipped and spit in cups and bottles strategically placed around the truck. I wound up having to throw his burger wrappers and sacks in the trash when we fueled because he was too fat and lazy to hit the trash can at fuel or rest stops. Seriously, the guy is lucky to be alive!

I will NEVER team with anyone but MM again!

I disagree. Hard? No, IMPOSSIBLE! MM and I have been together, worked together and lived together in a truck for 27 years. We get along better when we're together than apart. Living with someone you don't know is, for all practical purposes and intents, IMPOSSIBLE! I did it for FFE back in the 80's and it's a miracle I didn't wind up in jail!
I will be the first to admit that I'm not the easiest person in the world to get along with, but I can't abide some fat, nasty, smelly idiot who doesn't know what water is for other than drinking and snores like a buffalo during mating season. Nevermind that he dipped and spit in cups and bottles strategically placed around the truck. I wound up having to throw his burger wrappers and sacks in the trash when we fueled because he was too fat and lazy to hit the trash can at fuel or rest stops. Seriously, the guy is lucky to be alive!

I will NEVER team with anyone but MM again!

so , Rooster, tell us how ya really feel.....:rolllaugh:

Of course my company is small, we haul high dollar freight that pays well, and the work is consistent.

Well I have two weeks experience on a landoll hauling 220 Kobleco Excavators and JLG 135 Super Booms, can I get a job? :rolllaugh:

Wide loads suck in rush hour traffic.

Well I have two weeks experience on a landoll hauling 220 Kobleco Excavators and JLG 135 Super Booms, can I get a job? :rolllaugh:

Wide loads suck in rush hour traffic.

If you are truly interested, PM me.

But if you are happy with the local gig, stick with it. You have a family you like to be home with every night, right?

If you are truly interested, PM me.

But if you are happy with the local gig, stick with it. You have a family you like to be home with every night, right?

Yes I do like to be home every night.... for now. When the kids get older I'm thinking of going OTR. Thanks anyways though Racer, you're alright in my book.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread