Politics Tarrant County multi-agency operation nets 115 human trafficking arrests

SomethingElse

Good job to our men and women in Blue. Glad to see human traffickers get some jail time.

Tarrant County multi-agency operation nets 115 human trafficking arrests

FORT WORTH, Texas - The Tarrant County Sheriff's Office announced 115 felony arrests for human trafficking over the course of just one week.

While they announced the success of the operation, they didn't really get into details about how they conducted the operation.

Sinister

pari animositate
Premium
I think they're only enforcing it because it's become a felony whereas previously it was a misdemeanor.

The only issue I have is the solicitation of minors as well as the police using minors and not calling it "entrapment". I'm sure the explanation on how it's not entrapment is as thin as could be.

Hiring a hooker is now filed under "human trafficking" whereas it used to be "solicitation of prostitution". One sounds way worse than the other. Changing the title doesn't change the activity.

Either way most of this just results in non violent offenders being jailed.

Not sure I'm a fan.

SomethingElse

I think they're only enforcing it because it's become a felony whereas previously it was a misdemeanor.

The only issue I have is the solicitation of minors as well as the police using minors and not calling it "entrapment". I'm sure the explanation on how it's not entrapment is as thin as could be.

Hiring a hooker is now filed under "human trafficking" whereas it used to be "solicitation of prostitution". One sounds way worse than the other. Changing the title doesn't change the activity.

Either way most of this just results in non violent offenders being jailed.

Not sure I'm a fan.

I would imagine that if you're a hooker, with a pimp, it might be extremely difficult to get away from the pimp.
I'm a pretty firm believer in legal prostitution. But there's so many instances of sex slavery involved, that I think now all of it should be made extremely illegal. Especially for the traffickers and pimps.

Same as drugs. But there's just too many instances of druggies committing too many atrocities on innocent people, just to get their drug money. Even lesser crimes like breaking & entering, theft etc etc, (to get drug money) still creates innocent victims.
If all the druggies didn't create victims to get the drugs, if it was all delivered to their homes, where they used it til it wore off. That would be one thing. But that's not how it works in most cases. The F'n methheads gotta go out and reek havoc on innocent people, just to get high.

And traffickers, forcing chicks to give up a lot of their money for so called protection. Forcing them into things they normally wouldn't do, with people they normally wouldn't touch with a 10' pole.
I've seen a lot of video's of gals who were forced into that. Young girls kidnapped and not released for years. It's pretty horrific.

Rigjockey

In Gord we trust!
I have no problem with pimps that force women into prostitution being arrested!
I think the pimps are the scum of the earth!

I have no problem with prostitution for willing participants. No I don't partake in such things but if a person wants to rent themselves out willingly and another person want to rent it... None of my biznezz. :dunno:

InTooDeep

Good job to our men and women in Blue. Glad to see human traffickers get some jail time.

Tarrant County multi-agency operation nets 115 human trafficking arrests

FORT WORTH, Texas - The Tarrant County Sheriff's Office announced 115 felony arrests for human trafficking over the course of just one week.

While they announced the success of the operation, they didn't really get into details about how they conducted the operation.
Imagine if they worked like this all the time and not just 1 week.

Users who are viewing this thread