Tarping OD loads

Ontario Outlaw

Hozer Witta Hood
This will be the first time I’ll be tarping an oversize load. One of the pieces is (apparently) 22’L x 10’5”W x 8’H.

So since I need almost 27 feet of tarp.....I’ll need to take two 26 or 27 lumber tarps with me, right?

I’ll update this in a bit, but I’ve got 43’ on the bottom and 10’ on the kick. They tell me one skid at one pick then four pieces at the second pick. No dimensions on the skid.

However the lengths on the four pieces were 22, 12, 9 and I think 7. None of that can fit side by side, they’re all 5-7’ wide.

22 12 and 9 is 43.

I have no idea yet what I’m getting and whether I’ll try to tarp them individually or as a unit yet.

I don’t want to take too many tarps......but it’ll suck worse to be short....

Any recommendations?

Ok I am a tarp expert. If you take your two lumbers and a steel tarp and turn it sideways at the middle. You should be able to make that work even if your 53 long.

C6170F5A-70F1-4E22-93D9-5587D8C44CD3.jpeg
If it was me, I’d put the 12’ long piece on the kick.

Then the 22’L, then the 6’ and 9’ long, however they fit best.

2 lumbers should measure 48x54 roughly, that should do the 22’ and 9’ piece, and leave enough to flap the ends.

Steel tarp on the piece on the kick.

Steel tarp the 6L piece, or sneak it under the leftovers of the lumbers.

Small machinery tarp for the skid.

So, two lumbers, two steels, one machinery tarp.

Plus I’ll have my two stepdeck tarps that are on the load going out. Gives me seven tarps

FFS.

Well better too many than too few :mad:

Was this the one with the "special permit"?

I can't be much help. I never tarped too awfully much. I quickly smartened up from that nonsense. I know enough to be dangerous if it's right in front of me but I'm no guru.

Was this the one with the "special permit"?

I can't be much help. I never tarped too awfully much. I quickly smartened up from that nonsense. I know enough to be dangerous if it's right in front of me but I'm no guru.
Yes, that’s the one. I don’t know what they’re talking about that’s special

I did grab a couple 40’ straps from the shop tonight, I guess I can use chains if need be if the 30’ straps are too short

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread