• Hi Guest,
    Do you have a question specific to a particular company? If so, click here for our list of over 50 popular trucking companies. Don't see the company listed? Post your question in our General Trucking Forum for all of our members to see, and we will consider adding a forum specifically for the company you mention.

Swifty got fired

Duck

Sarcastic remark goes here
Lost trucker takes destructive turnaround in Bellco Credit Union parking lot in Spring Township | Regional: Berks - Home

The credit union's surveillance cameras captured what happened in between. The big rig's tire blew after it careened over a concrete light post. Then, around the corner of the branch, cameras showed the truck smack into the roof over the drive thru. Another view showed the truck airborne as debris came raining down.

:beep: :swerve: :bonk:

That
Pretty hard to remember 2 numbers 12 and 34. lol. You just hope when they show you the scale ticket that it's legal. Otherwise it opens a whole new can of worms of how to get it legal.

I will be the first one to help any driver that is having trouble getting the pins to release and while I am at it I may as well lock them back in too, So long as you know what hole you want.

Actually I will take the time to show how to make it legal, Hauling paper rolls you get not to bad at guestimating how far to slide the tandems and the dreaded fifth wheel slide

Oddly enough three drivers sat staring out the windshield watching me stuggle to get the handle up to release the pins but it's all good, They have been crossed off my Christmas card list!:harumph:
That reminds me of a trainer I had who wanted me to add all the numbers up to make sure I was under 80k.

I looked at him and said "first one's under 12000, second and third are both under 34,000. We're under 80. I don't even need to look at the last three digits. I see an 11, a 32, and a 33. I'm good. Let's roll."

He busted out his calculator and said "yeah you're right."

Duh.

Oh and Schneider Intermodal orientation taught us about mile markers. And how to shift an automatic transmission. As in...how to turn the little dial on the stalk. Forward makes it go forward. Reverse makes it go backward. Then we had to demonstrate in a real live big truck.

I had no idea before that.

That

That reminds me of a trainer I had who wanted me to add all the numbers up to make sure I was under 80k.

I looked at him and said "first one's under 12000, second and third are both under 34,000. We're under 80. I don't even need to look at the last three digits. I see an 11, a 32, and a 33. I'm good. Let's roll."

He busted out his calculator and said "yeah you're right."

Duh.
Not to mention the scale ticket has gross weight printed at the bottom. Unless you were on a single platform scale.

Oh and Schneider Intermodal orientation taught us about mile markers.
Before I took a trip with my uncle to see I wanted to drive truck, I never even noticed the mile marker signs. No Idea what they were for.
My uncle explained it to me and even then I did not understand the importance of them.

When I started driving truck and map readin' it all came together.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread