• Hi Guest,
    Do you have a question specific to a particular company? If so, click here for our list of over 50 popular trucking companies. Don't see the company listed? Post your question in our General Trucking Forum for all of our members to see, and we will consider adding a forum specifically for the company you mention.

Swift supporting Newbern Truckstop (Mom and Pop)

Tazz

Infidel
Well they will not let them fuel here, or get repairs here........

But they did rent half the lot to make a Swift School:eek:

1490668070408-1074487308.jpg

Better than nothing I suppose. Just might hang around in the morning :cool:

Nah I am getting the hell out before they start playing bumper cars:stirpot2:

I was complimenting them for supporting s small business.

I just do not want to be apart of their training. Specifically accident reporting ;)

When ever I have to go to update my license I will get a Tim Hortons and sit in the parking lot watching the big truck tests doing there back ups.
Some are not too bad for a new drive and others are like, You need more practice.

Now we gotta dodge the trainees just to get some nanananananananananana pudding!
Oh damn! I did not recognize towns name but, I well remember that lady on the radio hawking the diner specials and that Nananananananer pudding.:cool:

Wrong one. This is actually Tallapoosa but the name of the stop is Newbern.

You can go get yer puddin' now ;)

You got me confused now. I've listened to Newbern's in Tallapoosa advertising that pudding for years now, along with the rest of their menu. Don't get down there very often these days though.

Oh well they quit that. In fact I never hear them on the radio anymore. Of course I rarely have it on.

I thought you meant the one in Kentucky I think Newberg (?)

I'd love to be a fly on the wall in their safety department.

Prolly hectic in there.

Not any more so than Werner, CRE or Schneider, although in Swift's case, it's usually somebody asking a question, reporting a paper cut or going over a "critical event" like a car jumping in front of the truck and the collision mitigation system slamming the brakes, causing a "hard braking incident." Not like Pumpkin with turns over car hoods and back-swing miscalculations, CRE with backing issues or Werner with drivers reporting trailers that split into Vs on the road because the driver didn't bother to look at the trailer frame that morning.

Now we gotta dodge the trainees just to get some nanananananananananana pudding!
funny you say that..back in the day when i'd go for the buffet, if they had ANY type of pudding, i'd NEVER use the dessert dish (as it was very small) ..i'd use the salad or soup dish/bowls...made a killing in the pudding...!!

Not any more so than Werner, CRE or Schneider, although in Swift's case, it's usually somebody asking a question, reporting a paper cut or going over a "critical event" like a car jumping in front of the truck and the collision mitigation system slamming the brakes, causing a "hard braking incident." Not like Pumpkin with turns over car hoods and back-swing miscalculations, CRE with backing issues or Werner with drivers reporting trailers that split into Vs on the road because the driver didn't bother to look at the trailer frame that morning.
:biglaugh:

well i can "see" keeping those ancient MS Carrier trailers, if of course kept empty for training only in the yard for the backing maneuvers.. then they can last another 100 years.

if i recall, both schools i worked at, had used/junk truck parts, like, cabs and steer axles, transmissions, in the trailers if only to give a "tiny bit" of weight, for when the students went on the road lessons. but no school (i worked at), had decent road trailers, just barely DOT passabile...

when you got students taking down fire hydrants, or entrance gates (of the school) , or the entrance/exit gate at the DMV test site....or actually wiping out thier OWN cars at the gate driveway...(yes, that DID happen, she parked at the very edge of the entrance driveway), you hold down the expenditures..and fire the instructor....

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread