• Hi Guest,
    Do you have a question specific to a particular company? If so, click here for our list of over 50 popular trucking companies. Don't see the company listed? Post your question in our General Trucking Forum for all of our members to see, and we will consider adding a forum specifically for the company you mention.

Stevens Transport

pizzatrucker

Looking for info on Stevens Transport.
Mileage pay, miles attainable, etc...

Not Yet

I'm thinking about it though. They offer CDL training in my area, so I can still work evenings while in school. I can't begin to imagine three weeks without a paycheck. I don't want to dip into savings.
Currently, I make what first year truckers make, but I'm looking for $70,000+. (O/O???)
That kind of money is not attainable where I'm at now.
Good luck at Stevens, I will probably start with them in the next few weeks.

Hey Pizza

Be careful about trading a good job and thinking ur gonna clear 70k the first couple years ur on the road. Stevens is a good company, but ur willingness to stay out will dictate ur income. If the wheel ain't turning, the driver aint earning. Stevens has the miles. And the best leasing program for entry level driver. Do some more research. Good luck:cool:

70.000 + good luck, be happy if you get 36000.00++ 30 years truck driver(business owner, and office worker for transportation company) if you want to know more e-mail me questions.

I'm thinking about it though. They offer CDL training in my area, so I can still work evenings while in school. I can't begin to imagine three weeks without a paycheck. I don't want to dip into savings.
Currently, I make what first year truckers make, but I'm looking for $70,000+. (O/O???)
That kind of money is not attainable where I'm at now.
Good luck at Stevens, I will probably start with them in the next few weeks.

I know, 3 wks w/o a paycheck would kill me! How do you make up when you get that far behind in your bills?

Maintenance is good, Miles are there, start low salary for company driver, It is a good company to start with, If you want in for long term, you need to be a trainer or lease operator or both. Medical plan sucks, to expensive and there are is no retirement plan.

For you probably. But I would give them a call they might have you in Atlanta. Not sure if they do orientation down there but they had billboards up over in Union City.

I've never driven for Stevens, but used to talk with many of their drivers, back when I pulled a reefer and learned that they aren't much different from any of the other Feeder Companies. You get in, get your experience and get out, hopefully without too many adverse sexual encounters...

If it's not already too late, you might want to consider someone other than a reefer company for your 1st experience in the Trucking World...

Meat plants, produce barns and grocery warehouses are an acquired taste:poop:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread