States with Cheapest Fuel Prices

Cheap fuel is great, as long as aren't enrolled in IFTA. The only real difference in fuel prices is the state fuel taxes, so, if you buy fuel in a cheap taxed state, then run miles in a higher taxed state, that cheap fuel price just goes up for the portion you used in the higher taxed state.

Just sayin'....

I run primarily between Nebraska and Ohio. I buy most of my fuel in Illinois. I know, the pump price is higher, but the fuel tax is terrible too. But, I only have to pay the fuel tax on the gallons I use in Illinois. When you factor out the fuel tax, Illinois has some of the best fuel prices in the midwest. And with some of the discounts I already get, fuel is basically costing me up to .80 a gallon LESS than the cash pump price. Just got .50 a gallon discount off the cash pump price on a recent fill at the flying hook in Lasalle, Illinois. Take off the fuel tax, and the fuel cost is, relatively speaking, pretty good.

Sure would be nice if I could do that with my personal vehicle. Oh wait, I can. My personal ride is a Jeep Liberty diesel. I just take fuel out of the truck tanks and fill the Jeep. Not bad, best fuel pricing and business write off for fuel too!

Today as I passed I checked....

$4.33 / GAL in WI at the new J exit 10... I - 94

then when I got to Indiana I pulled in...

$3.86 / GAL in IN at the J or Pilot exit 232? I - 65

I'm gettin me some CAKE! [MENTION=8978]SkateBoard[/MENTION]... wanna join me??

Today as I passed I checked....

$4.33 / GAL in WI at the new J exit 10... I - 94

then when I got to Indiana I pulled in...

$3.86 / GAL in IN at the J or Pilot exit 232? I - 65

I'm gettin me some CAKE! @SkateBoard... wanna join me??

I would be in TX headed to MO

I'll bet there's an APP where we could all submit our cell phone numbers to that would show the location of all drivers. Oh wait, then the drones would get us. Never mind.

Reactions: Tim
Missouri, Texas, Oklahoma to name a few... Indiana, Tennessee, ....

Just checked online with current pricing I can get with discounts and AFTER fuel tax (which is how you determine best price)

MO 3.44
TX 3.39
OK 3.39
IN 3.44
TN 3.42

And now the kicker.... the one that many say they will not buy fuel because of high price

IL 3.20

That is why I buy a lot of fuel in Illinois. You only pay the fuel tax to IL on the fuel you use there. And you have to do that even for fuel you buy in another state. So when you factor out the fuel tax, Illinois has a killer fuel pricing going on. This is called business, folks.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread