spread the word "boycott"

bigrobdog

I have been a driver for 5 years and im so sick of the way these trucking companys treat drivers .today with low pay ,no home time,no idle policys,charging the driver to drive there truck.IV never seen an industry that is so scandals I cant believe some of things these companys get away with .im so glad iv found thi web page by accadent i wish some one would told me about it.I belive now it is are duty to tell as many truckers abouth these web sites the more drivers know the better are chances are of getting rid of these companys that like to abuse drivers.these web sites are a great weapon .us as drivers need to stop beliving is all the bull shit these companys tell u and make are dicisions on the facts. so i please ask u to spread the web site and boycott these companys that dont have any respect for u are your family with there lies , low pay, and deceitful ways.as drivers lets start standing up for whats right boycott the bad.

Right now it's an employers market. People need work and the employers know it.

When times are good, they arent boycotted either.

IMO the best we can do is let them have the trash drivers. THose that are good and can prove it should be doing the boycotting.

But I agree, websites like this are a great weapon. Let others know how bad some of these companies are. Then if they disregard what they have read, it's on their own heads. It's not as if they weren't warned.

your right but , there are lots of new driver out there that are good drivers that dont know what to expect from this industery .so if we spread the word abouth this web site other driver have a chance to to learn the truth about a certain company .an that will help the better companys grow larger and the company that like to dis respect grow smaller.and a chance for a driver to like were hes working.and by doing this we can keep driver from wasting there time with sorry ass companys.boycot the bad companys.you wont work there long any ways.save time and money learn the truth.

I just hope they pay better attention than I did when some tried to warn me off of Celadon. I didn't listen to them and paid the price.

Whats "bad" for some might be "good" for others. I have a friend who drives for Covenant, has a dedicated run, and does very well, with great home time. He had a miserable time while "in the system" however, so he's seen both good and bad from the same company!

Now how many people do you think trash Convenant on a daily basis, and call it a bad company?

The entire concept of this "boycott" is subjective. Your opinion of something may not be someone elses, and such a boycott is doomed to failure.

I think a "bad" company has to do something really REALLY bad to truly be considered "bad". Not just pissing drivers off, but something like totally screwing owner operators out of fuel surcharges like Ledar Transport did a few years back. OOIDA sued the hell out of them, and it worked.

Just because you, as a driver, have been inconvenienced does not mean it's a "bad" company.

And, no, I'm not interested in long drawn out war stories. Save that for the "Report a bad company" forum. I can see this topic even going askew very quickly...

I'm not so much into the "boycotting", more into simply not accepting to be treated like crap by a company. Doesn't matter if it is truck driving, or any other profession.

The problem with trying to boycott is that the percentage of drivers truly willing to do so is very small, and the number of those drivers that are willing to stick it out for any length of time is even smaller.

Meanwhile, the trucks that the boycotters climbed out of, are quickly filled with another warm body, and life goes on for these companies.

Luckily, more and more truck drivers, as well as future truck drivers, are online these days, and there is more and more information out there all the time to be read about all these companies. And trust me, this is a problem for the big companies out there, because they have resorted to having recruiters pose as drivers on the various trucking forums.

As always, the more information the better.Be it "stay away from Acme trucking because...". Or "This company treated me right,I would recommend them".
It's up to the individual to take in the info and make the decision.
If you go to work for the right company,you will have no need to boycott,strike or otherwise **** and moan.

all im saying is a web site like this can help many drivers ,mostley the new maybe if your budy from coveant had found this web site long time ago he might not have gone through the tuff times . and yes if u allow your self to think that this is how it is by just putting another driver in that seat.and u continue to be a part of that and dont want to help another driver.then us as drivers will continue to lose that respect.all im realy saying is more people need to know about these web sites.so that they can make a better choice with out being disrespected.the good will always out way the bad. no matter how many recruiters log on.just trying to help another driver and as many as i can.spread the word about this site.and dont work for the bad. they say the average truckdriver has 5 jobs a year .thats do to bad companys.

I worked in an office for a company of 350 or so trucks a few years back, and I can tell you, the guys who have 5 jobs a year have no business in this industry. Either they don't take the time to understand the company before they sign on, or they lack the patience to deal with things that aren't always positive, or they are just immature, maladjusted, or many other things. I'll refrain from my own war stories, but I could tell you things that would have you shaking your head in disbelief for weeks to come.

Yes, there are bad companies out there. But more so, there are bad drivers.

I agree with you bigrobdog we need to spread the news that the forum is out there and ask others to sign on. Knowledge is POWER. Power helps control your destiny.

I agree with you bigrobdog we need to spread the news that the forum is out there and ask others to sign on. Knowledge is POWER. Power helps control your destiny.

We have now grown to the level of having two trucking forums, and a third almost ready for release. None of these forums are geared specifically for an effort to change the industry, but we do try to attract those who actually care about the industry and want things to be better.

If we do a fourth trucking forum, it will be geared solely toward and effort to fix the trucking industry. The problem is, it can't be a solo effort. We have no problem fronting the cost of setting up such a project, and running it on our server, but to truly "do something" is going to take a big effort from many people. Not just a big effort to get things started, but a big effort to keep things going. Don't know if it is possible or not. This scenario has been brought up to quite a few people, but nothing has ever developed.

survey by company

you now i was wondering if the server could come up with a 100 question survey related to trucking companies.for example a driver would be able to answer a hundred questions related to the trucking industry and the company there working for and keep the data so that other drivers can see it.does that make sense

you now i was wondering if the server could come up with a 100 question survey related to trucking companies.for example a driver would be able to answer a hundred questions related to the trucking industry and the company there working for and keep the data so that other drivers can see it.does that make sense

This might have some merit...

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread