Space heater for the truck? Anybody use one?

What about a wood stove? :D

BB189786-6C55-4AB5-BF78-362951AF15C5.png
Look at how small that is! You could totally put that where the swamper seat is! Rig up a chimney out the window and SHAZAM....all the scrap wood lying around, free heat! No batteries, no fuel, no kerosene, no apu, no generator, just FREE heat! That you could cook on, too.

GENIUS I tells you, this is a genius idea! :biggrin-2:

View attachment 51727
Look at how small that is! You could totally put that where the swamper seat is! Rig up a chimney out the window and SHAZAM....all the scrap wood lying around, free heat! No batteries, no fuel, no kerosene, no apu, no generator, just FREE heat! That you could cook on, too.

Might be big enough to bake a tater in!

Might be big enough to bake a tater in!
Baked potatoe inside, fresh steak up on top, and a nice salad! All while the truck parked next to you idles his noisy stinky APU and dines on Subway

AND you’d probably lose a few pounds ditching the swamper seat!

Winning!

View attachment 51727

so what do you recomend in summer:confused-96:

I realise this is an older post, but info for anyone wondering the same thing. Wal-mart sells a small square heater that looks a lot like the 12 volt heater sold in the truck stops. It's low setting runs at 700 Watts and does a terrific job of heating an 80 inch sleeper in single digits temperatures with the wind blowing. APU died last winter and I only let one person work on it, so I had to find a substitute for a few days. You can get a pure sine 1500 watt inverter made by windy nation on Amazon for a bit over 200 and it's way beyond anything the truck stops sell for close to the same price and it runs that heater easily. The heater itself easily heated the sleeper and would shut off in short order, so it wasn't running heat constantly. Keep in mind though that this was the sleeper only with leather curtains separating the sleeper from the cab. It heated the cab as well in the mornings and before I went to bed at night, but I probably wouldn't try to heat both for ten hours straight with it. It would likely do just fine, but as mentioned above, it would be hard on the whole electrical system running it.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread