Source for fuel/DEF prices and locations

jt1915

Hi all,

I operate a small truck stop in Texas and we begin selling DEF in the next month or two. However, I am having trouble coming up with with ways to advertise our offering other than signage/gasbuddy/google. Are there any other sites that drivers commonly use to find DEF locations and pricing. Also, I heard that some trucks have a screen interface in the cockpit that show nearby gas stations and their prices/offering... is this true? If so, what brands are common? Any ideas are helpful as we are doing our best to get the word out that we have what you need!

Additionally, feel free to give your opinion about DEF setups. Have you ever visited a gas station/truck stop that has a poor DEF setup for some reason? Is there an ideal setup? Are slave pumps necessary? All information that I can find but would be more than happy to get feedback straight from the horses mouth.

Thanks everyone!

Tazz

Infidel
Easiest way is to have them right with the deisel pumps. Less hassle than getting fuel then having to move over to another lane to top off DEF. Most "truck" fueling locations have had DEF for a couple years now so not sure spending additional money on advertising about it is gonna net a huge return.

Most folks have a setting in their GPS for fuel stops, or Google Maps has prices listed usually.

I fuel at a company terminal though so not up as much anymore on what apps are out there.

jt1915

@Tazz , thanks for your response. when you mention the GPS unit, are you just talking about Garmin, TomTom, etc. or is there a specialized device used primarily by truckers?

Ranger_375

Make sure you update your prices in the EFS system if you use it... because it's what I use, lowest base price, to determine where I fuel.... unless there's a very specific reason I'm trying to do something with a major chain.

Tazz

Infidel
Navigo from telegis will have a list of stops as well. But I believe both the Cobra, and the Rand McNally GPS units have similar stuff.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)