Something european.... and flat...

I didn't had any time to take a photos of MAN as i said, but here are more photos of Volvo FH year 2014. 750 HP beast that is a bit ugly from outside... This one is doing 8.2 mpg at 55 miles per hour at highway. What is standard fuel consuption on USA trucks ? Our DAF goes 8 mpg regulary with 24 tons on trailer

You guys calculate MPG as in MILES per Gallon?

What about Litres, and Kilometers and the metric system and all that?

Also, the tires on the brand new Mercedes look a little too small for me to be at ease taking that truck all the way to Mongolia and back. I'd bring spares.

@Sinister , these long cabs are more often in Australia and NZ. Yes, you can buy them in Europe too but you can't drive those because it would be an overlenght combo and 16.80 meters is the biggest lenght by law for semi trailer in EU. you will see those maybe in Norway because they are not in EU so laws may differ.

We calculate fuel in liters per 100 kilometers, and those small tires are for highway use because of drag ratio, noise and a bit less fuel consuption. Those trucks going to Asia are a bit modified. Much more spare parts they bring, four spare tired minimum, larger fuel tanks etc..

That looks like the new R series that is current now with a more curvy grille line. Rather more swoopy than the blocky earlier models.

A sleeper that long isn't normal here, I've never seen one here or had any crop up on Xtrucking.co.nz Austalia maybe, not here. Australia has long distance trucking where you need accommodation you can stay in long term, or team.

Here it's all what you would think of as regional not OTR, lots more time at home and lots less time in cab bunks.

As to the truck, I would say the lights and visor are aftermarket and the paintjob is custom, but the sleeper can probably be specced that long from the factory, iv'e seen wheelbases that long here with shorter sleepers and longer overhangs forward from the king pin so the truck isn't stretched. A little on the long side but nothing abnormal.

167071_1705761978248_26744_n.jpg

JUST CAN'T GET RID OF A LONG TRAILERS EVEN ON A FREE TIME... MY WHOLE LIFE SEEMS TO BE A DAMN TRAILER :D I THINK I WILL BECOME A TRAILER COLLECTOR -.-

That is a german made trainer glider, made from composite. I flown numerous gliders, now i fly ASW 28, also german made hifh perf. composite

Transport job for healing nervs.... no need for all those licences, highway taxes, size regulations etc.... All i have in a truck i also have in this litlle one. Nice combo for long range hauls up to 5000 pounds of weight.

facebook_-789662295-jpg.29656

Attachments

• facebook_-789662295.jpg
    facebook_-789662295.jpg
    53.3 KB · Views: 358
Yes, it's a sleeper cab and it's very comfortable. There's a factory that produces only sleeping cabs and you can order it by your wish . Those are expensive but gives you even more comodity than in an EU truck.

AK, we do quite big long hauls. I went to Mongolia several times and it's a 5000 miles trip. The shortest trip i do with this one from the picture is 1800 miles

I've noticed another difference from US trucks, to the ones we drive here in Northern Europe, you all seem to have "tandem traction" on US trucks, is that correct? We too use 3 axle tractors, but normally with, what we call Bogie lift, see picture below.... The rear axle on the tractor can be lifted when empty, or you need more traction in severe winter conditions, or when driving a full load, you can manipulate the presure on the rear axle to put more load on your traction axle, without lifting it from the ground completely.
272474_4163133190306_614340009_o.jpg

We have some trucks like that. The front drive axle has power to it and the rear is just along for the ride. They don't lift but you can dump the air suspension to double the weight on the other one.

Most of ours have drive power to both.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread