Something different

Trukitt

Hello from Minnesota. Like the title says I'm looking for something different. I'm 50, married with 2 sons almost college age and sick and tired for the daily BS at work. My thought is to try trucking from the beginning (no CDL yet) to an O/O most likely leased to a company but with as much freedom as possible within 3 years. I can do 4-5 days out but would really like to have those weekends off to spend some time with friends and family plus a few hours in the tree stand. Right now I'm researching everything I can which led me to this site. Thanks for the time you take helping us lost souls out!

ironpony

Professional Pot-Stirrer
Supporter
Hello from Minnesota. Like the title says I'm looking for something different. I'm 50, married with 2 sons almost college age and sick and tired for the daily BS at work. My thought is to try trucking from the beginning (no CDL yet) to an O/O most likely leased to a company but with as much freedom as possible within 3 years. I can do 4-5 days out but would really like to have those weekends off to spend some time with friends and family plus a few hours in the tree stand. Right now I'm researching everything I can which led me to this site. Thanks for the time you take helping us lost souls out!
You'll need a local gig for the time off.

mndriver

curmudgeon extraordinare
Supporter
Helps to know what part of the state you're in.

Up around dulut.....
Look up halvor.

Taylor if yer down round northfield

BlackBart

Shorebilly
Supporter
Workin regional might be what you need. That should have ya out all week and home the weekend

vaportrail

Remember if your local all your gonna wanna do on your days off is
A. Sit
B. Sleep
C. Both
It can get pretty rough especially if your bumping that 70/72.5 in 5. Im also up here in the cities as well. As stated run from the 1099 companies way to many up here not running that scam to deal with the bs. Also you have to make sure the wife is on board 200% that is HUGE and can also be a rough transition depending if your home every night now. Just some food for thought

Last edited: