Freightliner So, this is a phony sleeper door?

Sam McCloud

2lbmiie.jpg

It looks like maybe where it would be cut if they were to install one.

If you look under the carpet on the hump in the floor in a pickup with an automatic trans, there will be a rounded rectangle shape pressed into the sheet metal where they'd cut the hole for the shifter if it was a manual.

Same thing I'm guessing.

So most cascadias have a line that makes it look like it’s there but most don’t have it. I worked for freightliner for almost 10 years. Leaving in 2017 to become a truck driver. That’s why when people started saying they had a full escape door I was shocked because I have never seen one on a cascadia.

It seems that in 2019 there is still a huge loophole in company driver safety even in 2019.
So most cascadias have a line that makes it look like it’s there but most don’t have it. I worked for freightliner for almost 10 years. Leaving in 2017 to become a truck driver. That’s why when people started saying they had a full escape door I was shocked because I have never seen one on a cascadia.

Which makes me love PACCAR all the more. Apparently, Volvo, Freightliner and others think their cabs/berths are smoke-proof, electrical-overload-proof and fireproof. How arrogant of them. I bet these sleeper-door-less tractors are a b_tch to load your gear and supplies too.

It seems that in 2019 there is still a huge loophole in company driver safety even in 2019.

Which makes me love PACCAR all the more. Apparently, Volvo, Freightliner and others think their cabs/berths are smoke-proof, electrical-overload-proof and fireproof. How arrogant of them. I bet these sleeper-door-less tractors are a b_tch to load your gear and supplies too.
I can't reach high enough to load through a sleeper door so it makes no difference to me.

Besides, it's not a convenience hatch anyway. It's not a camper.

Last edited by a moderator:

Maybe you need to research a bit more and spout off a bit less.

@r3gulator3 assessment of you is proving spot on.

I personally do load stuff thru the egress door but it’s the same door I open to acces the compartment under my bunk there. If it wasn’t there I’d pile everything up in the passenger seat then get in and move it to the bunk. I dunno how much crap you’d be hauling along with you that you’d need to be loading tons of stuff through the door. Seriously my whole life fits in a gym bag, a barracks bag, one plastic collapsible tote, and a couple grocery sacks of food. And the only thing that leaves my truck with me when at home is dirty laundry, my off duty shoes, and the plastic tote so I can stuff it with groceries to haul back to the truck.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread