Sleep Apnea Scam

The courts actually stopped the FMCSA from meddling too much in sleep disorders. All that remains is the rule requiring that reviewing doctors screen for risk of sleep apnea and ensure proper treatment is completed before signing off on your medical certificate renewal.
Good!, I think...:confused-96:

Hope it goes well for ya.

They need to do more to prevent "sleep apnea" from becoming a cash cow for crooks though.

I bet the big fleets are in on it too. Otherwise they would simply quit using those clinics once they see enough evidence of scams because it makes it harder for them to keep their castrated pansymatic trucks moving.

What McDuck is referring to is language in MAP21... the last bill that Congress passed actually resembling a highway authorization bill, requires the FMCSA to actually go through the full formal rule making process to go any further in requiring sleep tests. Sleep Apnea is still one of the things a doctor can order a test for if you're symptomatic, but only on an individual basis.

Right. What he said. In my case, I'm a mouth breather due to something other than sleep apnea, and the back pressure from the CPAP actually makes it harder for me to breathe, not easier. All the more reason this whole setup is flawed and should be illegal.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread