Politics Simone Biles has the twisties ??

Fast Freddy

Apr 1, 2020
Texas
WTF are the twisties ?? Is that code for I’m afraid I’m gonna embarrass myself so I’m just gonna quit.

Isn’t there someone here who has a daughter that competed against Biles ?

Would that persons daughter of just quit if she had the slot that Biles quit on. I doubt it. Most gymnast would kill to have that slot.

Biles had actually sewn goats into her clothes to brag she’s the greatest of all time, maybe she was pretty darn good at one time. But will forever be remembered as a quitter.

Now the woke media is calling her a hero or something.

Glad I didn’t waste time watching the Olympics.

Upvote 0

Mike

Feb 1, 2007
From what I have heard the "twisties" are something gymnasts go through where they can't tell their position in the air in relation to the floor.
@Mike has a daughter in gymnastics maybe he can shed some light on the topic.
Not sure what the actual term is, but it is real and it is dangerous.

We watched her in qualifying, and watched a couple events prior to qualifying. She outdid everyone, but she was dangerously off.

On the floor qualifying, she went several feet off the mat, and in other events had to adjust her routine on the fly to something far more conservative to finish.

The stupid move would have been to get back in the beam or the bars with this problem. Could easily result in a broken neck or even death.

She did the right thing, and had nothing to gain by backing out. Especially considering her faulty qualifying performances were still crushing the competition.

Upvote 0

GAnthony

No soup for you...!!
Premium
Sep 23, 2007
I can’t say I’ve ever heard of anything like this in any other sport. Imagine Michael Jordan saying he’s scared he’ll wipe out on a slam dunk so he’s gonna sit.

But whatever. Woketard athletes have all but destroyed pro sports. So it’s not like many are watching.
i haven't watched ANY Olympic venue in decades. i don't feel i am missing out on much.

right now, football is still in favor with me, but that can end with no problems for me as well.

Upvote 0

Electric Chicken

Premium
Jul 1, 2016
I can’t say I’ve ever heard of anything like this in any other sport. Imagine Michael Jordan saying he’s scared he’ll wipe out on a slam dunk so he’s gonna sit.

But whatever. Woketard athletes have all but destroyed pro sports. So it’s not like many are watching.
I don't understand why you're upset about her choosing to back out. It's her life.

Maybe you should volunteer to take her place. Just tell them you feel female. I mean, spinning around in the air with your head pointed at the ground is no big deal, right?

Last edited:
Reactions: GAnthony
Upvote 0

Mike

Feb 1, 2007

Michael Jordan‘s feet didn’t go over his head three times in one move either. Athletes in different sports deal with different issues.

Lots of people look down on Jordan when he suddenly retired at the top of his game to go play baseball. Same accusations about abandoning a team. Pointless accusations, but still accusations

Upvote 0

dispatch21

Aug 31, 2021
WTF are the twisties ?? Is that code for I’m afraid I’m gonna embarrass myself so I’m just gonna quit.

Isn’t there someone here who has a daughter that competed against Biles ?

Would that persons daughter of just quit if she had the slot that Biles quit on. I doubt it. Most gymnast would kill to have that slot.

Biles had actually sewn goats into her clothes to brag she’s the greatest of all time, maybe she was pretty darn good at one time. But will forever be remembered as a quitter.

Now the woke media is calling her a hero or something.

Glad I didn’t waste time watching the Olympics.
hold on! but she came back and won gold right! in competition it takes a lot of discipline and mind set.
(Glad I didn’t waste time watching the Olympics) WOW! Can you even say the pledge of Allegiance

Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread