Side box cable

steve b

The side box cable on the passenger side has broken or the screw has fell out and I cannot open the door. Is there an easier way to open door besides taking the screws out of the plywood under the bed?

Make/model and year of truck would be helpful.

All of the trucks I've had, the bunk would raise on pivot hinges at the back wall.

It's a 2000 9400 I eagle. It has cabinets on the passenger side and the bed doesn't raise. It look like my only option is to cut a hole in the plywood.

I had a 1999 9900i. But it's been about eight, nine years ago, so my memory might be failing.. I seem to remember a piano hinge lengthwise down the center of the bed. I don't remember where the release latch was, though.

@Blood?

@Hammer166?

(just trying to call a couple'a guys' attention to this who might be able to help before you cut your bunk up.)

Been too long since I've been in a 'Binder. Surely there's a gap somewhere you could get in with a coat hanger and release the door? I'd spend a bit of time looking at the other side to what might work before I went to cutting anything.

the drivers side should be a mirror to the passenger side.

I believe he's suggesting that you use THAT to study the drivers side and figure out if there's a way to jimmy your way into the passenger side.

Yeh, I'm pretty certain there was a way to lift the bunk in that 9900i. I converted the single bed into a double, but made sure I could still lift the bed up. I remember cutting a broomstick to hold the bed up for when I needed under it for whatever reason. I just...don't...remember where the latch was..

I got it opened. It was the set screw that hold the cable in place come loose. Thanks for the quick response, the bed won't raise because of the cabinets on the passenger side wall. Thanks again fellas.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread