Should I change careers?

The 750 miles from Houston to El Paso seemed twice as many as the 600 miles from Long Beach to Yreka.
Hmmm maybe I’m thinking 20....one of them is over 1000 miles from side to side.

Hmmm maybe I’m thinking 20....one of them is over 1000 miles from side to side.
I sure wouldn't dispute you. I know that this state can be divided in two and make Texas the third-largest state. But for driving across a state, no state beats Texas east to west.

I sure wouldn't dispute you. I know that this state can be divided in two and make Texas the third-largest state. But for driving across a state, no state beats Texas east to west.
Texas is awesome. Hands down best state in the lower 48

You guys want misery? Try driving from Toronto ON to Winnipeg. Almost three days of wretched trucking, and that’s in the summer time...

TESTIFY!!!

And it doesn't get ANY better until you hit the national parks in Alberta.
I know you and I are on the same page there.

I think @Rigjockey said his first trip was something like- day one, still in Ontario. Day two, still in Ontario
Day 3, how ****ing long is this going to take to get out of Ontario
Day 4, Jesus wept Winnipeg sucks

Something like that

You guys want misery? Try driving from Toronto ON to Winnipeg. Almost three days of wretched trucking, and that’s in the summer time...
I agree. The only more boring trip than running Texas is

Prince George to Tok is equally fun.

Google says I-10 across Texas is 877 miles. So there you go. Once again I can not cross Texas in a TMC truck, in a single duty day. No ifs, ands, or buts about it.
Who said it had to be in a TMC truck.

I'm not charging for Miles, I charge for time.

And that doesn't mean one has to drive 85 miles an hour either.

I'm thinking about getting my CDL.

I have questions before I change careers. What expectations should I have? Good companies? Do I drive by myself? Should I REALLY do this at 42?

Anybody can drive a truck..

Question is do "YOU" think ya up to it..

If so try one of those Big Outfits who hires people off the streets..

As bad as that sound they will "train" ya and a year or so later No Tickets no "wrecks" youll get "Hired" literally Anywhere

I dint
The 750 miles from Houston to El Paso seemed twice as many as the 600 miles from Long Beach to Yreka.
I don't know of all the places I rode with my ex, Texas was a favorite of mine.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread