Should I change careers?

Canning ain't so bad. It's a hustle gig though so most places don't hire people fresh out of school. Schneider tried it for a few months but lost a bunch of chassis in the process.

IMG_20170626_065406.jpg

Atta girl!! :nails:

Wanna be somebody gotta be somebody, open deck is where it’s at!
lol. My ex drove for a company out of WI. He had a flatbed and we spent about a lot of time in the gulf diving for the oil industry. I can't remember the company's name. Black trucks and the name is initials. I loved it. Any ideas?

I've seen their trucks. How would it work if I lived in Colorado? Would i have to move to Springfield?
No, there are very few restrictions on where you can live. It's mostly availability of freight so you don't have problems when it comes to home time. Prime runs all 48 states and Canada. You can take your home time anywhere you like, and they off a weeks paid vacation after a year.

BTW, don't pay attention to folks running carriers down - do your research, and make your own decisions. I ran through Prime's training program, albeit many years ago, and it worked out well for me. They have excellent facilities, don't cheap out on maintenance, and you call the shots on when it's safe to operate and when it's time to shutdown. Their CDL program is set up so you get your training on a truck that delivers freight. You'll see what you're in for from the git go, and you can walk away from it within the first week it you decide trucking isn't for you

As others have posted, you may decide to stay one year or 20 - that's up to you. The important part is to get your training and keep your MVR clean. You should talk with the recruiters of all the carriers mentioned, and see what fits you.

Last edited:
Yes. Black trucks red letters?
336E0D22-3370-42F0-89E5-B6D13FF6BF6A.jpeg

This is my truck! There are many like it but this one is mine! With out me my truck is useless, without my truck I am useless. 🤣🤣 anywho.

They do offer training to people in certain states I don’t know if your state qualifies. We do have several dedicated accounts that run Texas and the gulf coast. You would have to call to find out if your eligible. If you qualify you sign a 1 year contract for the training. You get 3 weeks yard and classroom training then 5 weeks with a trainer. You get $500/week for training and all meals and lodging provided while in Des Moines for class. If you run Line haul you can be home every weekend. If you run a dedicated account they are typically home a few times per week and weekends. If you have any questions about TMC don’t hesitate to ask. I’m not a recruiter, I am a driver and I will give it to ya straight.

Thanks. I le in Colorado but am considering a move. Ma

Ok. Here's the important question... What kind of money can I expect to make?
Kind of depends on you and your dispatcher. A good dispatcher and a good driver can make a nice income. One or both being 💩 could have you eating your weight in ramen.

View attachment 51482

This is my truck! There are many like it but this one is mine! With out me my truck is useless, without my truck I am useless. 🤣🤣 anywho.

They do offer training to people in certain states I don’t know if your state qualifies. We do have several dedicated accounts that run Texas and the gulf coast. You would have to call to find out if your eligible. If you qualify you sign a 1 year contract for the training. You get 3 weeks yard and classroom training then 5 weeks with a trainer. You get $500/week for training and all meals and lodging provided while in Des Moines for class. If you run Line haul you can be home every weekend. If you run a dedicated account they are typically home a few times per week and weekends. If you have any questions about TMC don’t hesitate to ask. I’m not a recruiter, I am a driver and I will give it to ya straight.
I'm in Colorado. Really don't want to move but I will... Do you know if Colorado is one of the states they offer programs in?

I can still remember heading across Texas when I was with CF tanks in the 1968 or 9. There was an old poem that somebody generated from like trips:
"The sun done riz,
The sun done set,
And I ain't driv,
Through Texas yet."

Be strong, lady.
Dude that’s the truth. In a 62mph truck to drive across Texas on 10 is a 2 day affair.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread