Server Upgrade - Likely Today

Mike

Just and FYI,

In anticipation of some increased traffic, we are finalizing a deal on a new server setup.

The server we are currently using is plenty sufficient for our current traffic levels, even during peak times, but we feel it is important to stay ahead of the curve and do upgrades like this before they are needed.

If the upgrade goes like past upgrades, downtime will be virtually zero, but if you notice any downtime today, this will be why.

is that why it seems faster for me even on my slow a$$ compaq persario 2200 i bought back in march 2005.

Yeah, most likely. I am on a really screwed up internet service (satellite). Supposed to be high speed, but it sucks, and even I can see the difference.

im setting at cummins near columbus ohio waiting for truck to get done with the dyno on a laptop with an att aircard. it ran slow last night.

Most likely that was a situation specific to your internet connection. The server we was on was actually larger than what the site needs.

I know that in many cases, truckers get into area where internet connections are not the best to say the least. To address that, I am going to set up a default design (the way vbulletin comes out of the box) as an option for members to switch to. You will see all the same forums, but just without the current design, and possible with less features loading. I already have a mobile version that is default for anyone using mobile devices, so with this addition, I should have everything covered for everybody.

Bull, nice job.
I don't care what anybody says about you - you're aayite! LOL

Well, I do raz you on occasion (go gators) but I give credit where it's due.

I'm guessing this server upgrade is the reason certain keywords keep popping up in green underline on posts. Like trucks, behind the wheel, etc.

(Also wondering if it's got anything to do with other recent changes or just coincidence)

I'm guessing this server upgrade is the reason certain keywords keep popping up in green underline on posts. Like trucks, behind the wheel, etc.

(Also wondering if it's got anything to do with other recent changes or just coincidence)
I noticed they green keywords...lol... I wasen't going to say anything though... Hubby's been messing with the computer... Thought it might be just me..lol...

I noticed they green keywords...lol... I wasen't going to say anything though... Hubby's been messing with the computer... Thought it might be just me..lol...

It's just my guess.
A lot of my modern computer knowledge (post college) has come from here.
People like you, SS, Frieghtmaster, Greyfoxx.....wait a minute this is starting to read like an obituary!
:biglaugh:

nah, the green words are totally unrelated. I have been waiting for a day or two for those to activate, guess they activated sometime lastnight or this morning while I was working/sleeping.

Those are ads that will be hidden from member view shortly.

certain words r showing up pink in color with 2 lines under them could it b the way i have my computer set up.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread