Semi Truck Drag racing....

mndriver

curmudgeon extraordinare
Supporter
The guy that does the tune on my engine I guess just took the USA vs Canada Trophy at these races.

Getfit Tommy

Highway Hero
That is so badass....

Especially the 6:12 mark.... jet fuel

and look at the crowd..... amazing

I would imagine frame rails get bent, drive lines drop, just the overall abuse on those trucks from nose to tail... can't even imagine what kind of work it would take to prep those rigs for each race and what kind of money is involved. "Sponsors...."

Curious what happened there at 1:06...

Rigjockey

In Gord we trust!
Supporter
That is so badass....

Especially the 6:12 mark.... jet fuel

and look at the crowd..... amazing

I would imagine frame rails get bent, drive lines drop, just the overall abuse on those trucks from nose to tail... can't even imagine what kind of work it would take to prep those rigs for each race and what kind of money is involved. "Sponsors...."

Curious what happened there at 1:06...
Yeah they are all sponsored.

mndriver

curmudgeon extraordinare
Supporter
Leon does my tune.

Leon races his own truck. The 359 pictured above.

He also has his own business that pays for his hobby.

Mike

Staff member
He also has his own business that pays for his hobby.
So, if he was in NASCAR, he would be the car that had nothing but a solid paint job ;)

Getfit Tommy

Highway Hero
What's a fishing boat cost?
How about a motorcycle?
Compared to a Peterbilt, trailer, load and operating system repair?

I mean, I have some very expensive guitars, but they don't require maintenance other than cleaning and string-changes... I have some muscle cars, but I'm easy on them.

Where you going with this Mr. Death Man's Hand?

Are you saying this Pete is a working-class rig? Like that was actually the load he was scheduled to haul on Monday? If so, shows my ignorance. I thought this was a racing team akin to NASCAR. I've seen this Pete blowin flames out its stacks... didn't thing it ran like we do...

I know "I" don't want to argue with you.... like... never.

Getfit Tommy

Highway Hero
He actually uses it during the week to haul dirt and rock
I thought that was what you were getting at. Isn't that ****ing amazing? I am so happy @Mike and @Injun giving us our sub-forum because you know that fuel economy **** isn't even CLOSE to being part of the equation. This discussion would go over like a lead balloon in all other forums here.

What I wouldn't give to go to one of those races. That's a hardcore Peterbilt lovers dream. I've not read up on the truck at all as far as specs, but I'm sure he has forged steel and everything he needs to keep that thing moving, and if he doesn't.. a guy like him doesn't get 'stranded'... he just chills, gets out and fixes the issue. I'm envious as hell.

Can you imagine him pulling a full load over a big hill and just walking away from even the biggest of motors? I would feel privileged to be passed by him on a hill with my 550 CAT. I'd wanna talk to him, get his autograph... lol

How can anyone hate hoods with rigs like his? That Pete is like a wet dream. Damn.

How many guys can say they take their 1/4 mile strip cars out every day as DD's? (Sorry for the others "Daily Drivers")

Not the same truck, but .... just gives me shivers down my spine. I wonder how many of these guys are daily drivers also?

racing pete.jpg

Reactions: AK7