• Hi Guest,
    Do you have a question specific to a particular company? If so, click here for our list of over 50 popular trucking companies. Don't see the company listed? Post your question in our General Trucking Forum for all of our members to see, and we will consider adding a forum specifically for the company you mention.

Seiu exposed..

Heh, heh, heh.
I like these guys already.

Haven't I told you stories of my powers of persuasion?
That is exactly the way I've handled CEO's and large corporations as well as gov't entities in the past.
It is very effective.

Union members sometimes must act in the tradition of Dr. Marin Luther King and Mohatma Gandhi [sic] and disobey laws which are used to enforce injustice against working people.

Rebel..tell me you don't agree with that.

Union members sometimes must act in the tradition of Dr. Marin Luther King and Mohatma Gandhi [sic] and disobey laws which are used to enforce injustice against working people.

Rebel..tell me you don't agree with that.

Shoot, I've done it myself.
If you try to enforce an unjust law against me, better pack a lunch.
And BTW that was the only section I found where they mentioned anything illegal.
Now, disruptive, unpleasant, maybe even a little scary.......but what do you expect?
If you're gonna take on police departments, judges, CEO's of Citibank and G.E., the local city and county councils, the U.S. Congress, the POTUS, the SCOTUS and even the U.S. Navy, do you think I'm gonna play nice?

End justify the means..:tapeshut:??

Nah......more like "an eye for an eye.'

Right now, the 2nd largest co to Walmart is on my list.
They decided to keep their drug-dealing supervisor and fire me. AFTER I told them the real reason behind it. The main reason I wanted to keep that job was of course financial security, but also health insurance for my wife.
She just barfed in the tire shop the other day - hasn't had the stomach med. in a few months now.
You hurt my wife - I'll hurt you if it's the last thing I ever do. Count on it like the sun coming up in the east.

Look you and I have our own prejudices. You hate unions - I hate large corporations.
If either one is corrupt, then they are corrupt.

But as far as tactics go, I'll take on a much larger opponent. I'll take on larger opponents and be outnumbered, too.
There's a line running down the center of the body - eyes, nose, adam's apple, solar plexus, and groin - that wil provide maximum take down for minimum effort.
That's where I'm gonna hit - and try to make sure they don't get up.
Is it a fair fight?
Absolutely not, it didn't start out that way, with bigger guys surrounding me - and it won't end that way either.

You're probably imagining a larger union bullying a little mom&pop store, but go back and re-read the article. They were talking about paid lobbyist, bribed congressmen and deep pocket vendors as their opponents.

First. they turn or eliminate these, and then turn their attention to taking down the rest.

I hope you'll remember this if, God forbid, you ever are put in that position.

You know first off it's not the Unions that I DON'T LIKE (HATE is such a strong word) its the Union bosses and much more so their tactics..and I think this could be said for any walk of life..its the BULLY..like a 2 year old that can't get their way and is throwing a hizzy fit.
And I also do believe its the end justify the means..it has to go their way by any means nessesary..as long as they achieve a goal..I find it despicible and nasty..

And so it is.
I trust you'll never have a gov't or large corporation as an opponent as I have, but if you do, remember these tactics.
They are very effective.

How about the PEN is mightier than the sword?

Yes it is.
From the article...........

"Publicity in the community Many top management officials care about their image as individuals in the community and among business associates. They may not want publicity about their involvement in controversial policies or activities. If they have built a good reputation through involvement in community service or religious organizations, for example, both they and those groups may find it potentially embarrassing to be linked to racism, sexism, exploitation of immigrants, or proposals that would take money out of the community for the benefits of distant stockholders. Leafleting outside meetings where they are speaking, their homes, or events sponsored by community organizations they are tied to are some ways to make sure their friends, neighbors, and associates are aware of the controversy. [Emphasis added.]
Investigations of individual managers It may be a violation of blackmail and extortion laws to threaten management officials with release of “dirt” about them if they don’t settle a contract. But there is no law against union members who are angry at their employer deciding to uncover and publicize factual information about individual managers."

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread