See stupid steering wheel holder? Snap a pic and post it!

If only there was a sign, any sign, of the hazard ahead ....
View attachment 24553
There is a bridge like that smack in the middle of the state capitol of South Dakota right on U.S. highway 83. It is well marked as is the truck route around it. But it gets a few every year. Last one was one of our beloved immigrants, whose back was still a little damp, who couldn't hardly spik de englitch. They interviewed him on the radio and he claimed he thought the clearance signs were for the bridge he was traveling over, below him (there wasn't one, he was on a city street) and that he was just following his "jip-ess."
They had to unload his trailer to drag him out.

But later on someone told me that because Illinois doesn't own the railroad bridges they don't consider them when they issue oversize permits. No idea if that's true but it was that day.
That would be stupid as hell, wouldn't it? How could a government entity issue an over dimensional permit knowingly that it would pass beneath an unmeasured viaduct. The States liability to that would be outrageous. And violating the permit's route is a fine of epic proportions.

You may have been better to walk the 'trail'. Today, we send up a drone to watch the clearances while sneaking under a questionable overpass.

There is a bridge like that smack in the middle of the state capitol of South Dakota right on U.S. highway 83. It is well marked as is the truck route around it. But it gets a few every year. Last one was one of our beloved immigrants, whose back was still a little damp, who couldn't hardly spik de englitch. They interviewed him on the radio and he claimed he thought the clearance signs were for the bridge he was traveling over, below him (there wasn't one, he was on a city street) and that he was just following his "jip-ess."
They had to unload his trailer to drag him out.
The one in Ducky’s pic looks like a local guy so you’d that genius woulda known better, but even they aint too bright anymore

Everybody knows those overpasses ain't marked exact.
New ones are 15 Foot ....

How about being a "Driver" for once and kinda SEE ya aint gonna make it..

Once in Chicago I took "Dispatch" Directions..

Missed The part Next Stoplight Left and go up the Other side..

This "Mexican" guy saw name on my Trucks.

They were "Waiting" for my Trailer shut down the LINE..

He yelled in Spanish got every one of those cars to Stop ...

English he "Spotted" me into the Alley and Go Around ..

Wow, Looks like buddy forgot they had a trailer. I see that a lot, People hauling trailers with no ****ing clue about the way they track they end up in two lanes at the same time at a light. Others completely forgetting about the trailer and the fact they are longer and it takes longer to clear an intersection.
There oughta be a law!.. I am not sure what kind of law, it's just something you say when you reach my age. There outta be a law!!:throwfit:

Wow, Looks like buddy forgot they had a trailer. I see that a lot, People hauling trailers with no ****ing clue about the way they track they end up in two lanes at the same time at a light. Others completely forgetting about the trailer and the fact they are longer and it takes longer to clear an intersection.
There oughta be a law!.. I am not sure what kind of law, it's just something you say when you reach my age. There outta be a law!!:throwfit:
A free pass to bonk them would be cool.

A heavy duty push bar could ruin their day and not affect yours.

man, you ruined a perfectly good blood and gore and fiery crash by hitting your brakes.
Oh Excuse Me would ya SLAMMED into It like that guys in the 100 Pile Up 80 Wyoming..

While not alot of Time before the Pile Up he knew Wow before he Hit that Full Speed with his Own Dash Cam..

Makes me WISH that I was a LAWYER..

Don't give a crap slide in the DITCH tell em ya AVOIDED That instead of Going Right Into the mess..

Plenty of Time make that decision too..

Oh Excuse Me would ya SLAMMED into It like that guys in the 100 Pile Up 80 Wyoming..

While not alot of Time before the Pile Up he knew Wow before he Hit that Full Speed with his Own Dash Cam..

Makes me WISH that I was a LAWYER..

Don't give a crap slide in the DITCH tell em ya AVOIDED That instead of Going Right Into the mess..

Plenty of Time make that decision too..
Can't find the same video of the guys speaking into it before he blasted it at Highway Speed..

I think this is the same Pile Up and noticed those who Stopped were already slow Ahead of that point even on Ice..

Those that smashed in were the Kinda folks who almost Kiss your Rear-End before they hit the Passing Lane..

That law might work. The You're a shitty driver no punch backs law.
"Legalities"...

If ya ask me Basic "Common Sense" Should be "Law"..

Instead here in AMERICA ya can spill Hot Coffee on yourself BANK a Quarter Million..

Somebody on a Cellphone can Rear-End "You" with a Dashcam and if they get a Good Lawyer "despite" Video Themselves on their PHONE behind The Wheel..

Can "Sue" You for Half A Million if Insurance Won't "Settle" and an IGNORANT Enough "Jury"

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread