See stupid steering wheel holder? Snap a pic and post it!

Uncle Birchy

Life Coach
Supporter
This fat guy couldn't even make halfway from his
And the way he's just sitting on top of the gumbo, it took one heck of an idiot to fubar things like that!
Years ago got stuck in the snow n tried to rock er out ended up Over "Torque" n split the Drive Shaft...

Still needed a pull anyways n now a Driveshaft..

Almost got FIRED for that one but afew guys quit on em so they decided to keep me around anyways

ironpony

Professional Pot-Stirrer
Supporter
This one had I55 tied up both ways a couple of mornings ago. Looks like he wasn't paying attention coming into the construction area SB, just south of Arsenal Rd.

IMG_20200518_174058943.jpg

Yup that's four hooks trying to get him up the embankment...

Johndeere4020

Exit 152, 1 mile east on the left, the Blue Oyster
Supporter
I don't know, but 4 wreckers on that looks like they might be milking the insurance company just a bit.
I think that’s a common thing. When that girl pulled out in front of me we called a tow company. All we needed was my tractor towed. A second truck showed up, I asked why he was there and he said “oh you know just in case” yeah I knew why. I wasn’t paying so it wasn’t up to me. I guess ultimately we all pay

4mer Trucker

Glad Ur here...cr @ JD
Supporter
This one had I55 tied up both ways a couple of mornings ago. Looks like he wasn't paying attention coming into the construction area SB, just south of Arsenal Rd.

View attachment 64851

Yup that's four hooks trying to get him up the embankment...
Isn't there a Trailer ( maybe a Log Trailer) that the 4th Wrecker ( background) is attached to?

This was supposed to be Quoting @Oxbow

ironpony

Professional Pot-Stirrer
Supporter
I don't know, but 4 wreckers on that looks like they might be milking the insurance company just a bit.
I think that’s a common thing. When that girl pulled out in front of me we called a tow company. All we needed was my tractor towed. A second truck showed up, I asked why he was there and he said “oh you know just in case” yeah I knew why. I wasn’t paying so it wasn’t up to me. I guess ultimately we all pay
Isn't there a Trailer ( maybe a Log Trailer) that the 4th Wrecker ( background) is attached to?

This was supposed to be Quoting @Oxbow
I don't recall seeing any other tractor-trailer anywhere near to this. You can't see it in this picture, but coming up to the accident, it was obvious that its a tanker that they are trying to recover, thats nearly vertical. The location is the north end of the bridge over the Kankakee River. I assume they're trying to recover it without cracking the tank open. Not sure what it was loaded with, but that's a major industrial area.

Oxbow

Supporter
Years ago when I did some towing in the winters, it seems like the insurance adjuster would get involved on wrecks. Not so if it was just a slide-off or winch out. We didn't have four wreckers so did everything with one or two, but I can't imagine the adjusters putting up with that. Maybe they could make the argument that there would be less damage with four, but I bet they're all at $500 per hour plus.

ironpony

Professional Pot-Stirrer
Supporter
Years ago when I did some towing in the winters, it seems like the insurance adjuster would get involved on wrecks. Not so if it was just a slide-off or winch out. We didn't have four wreckers so did everything with one or two, but I can't imagine the adjusters putting up with that. Maybe they could make the argument that there would be less damage with four, but I bet they're all at $500 per hour plus.
Compared to what? The cleanup of a major hazmat spill in a large waterway? Try fitting a pricetag around that.

Johndeere4020

Exit 152, 1 mile east on the left, the Blue Oyster
Supporter
I suppose that’s something that gets worked out later? I have no idea

Oxbow

Supporter
Compared to what? The cleanup of a major hazmat spill in a large waterway? Try fitting a pricetag around that.
What do you mean compared to what. You lost me. Does a hazmat spill require more wreckers? Entirely different subject, and equipment.