Schnieder for starters?

RACEFAN

Space Truckin
Premium
Ok, i have picked a good school, am doing well, know about what NOT to do (don't lease as a newbie,don't drive over hours etc...), and some of what i should do (get a cooler/microwave/stock up with food and drink etc...). Got a prehire from Werner, but i hear they will prehire just about anyone. I am finding that my integrity and professionalism is above par for the most part, and I know that the first year as an OTR solo newbie will be grueling (and i'm ok with that, gotta pay my dues). But i would like some advice on the "better" starter companies. I have not heard much negatives about Schnieder. But are they the best option for me? What about... May Trucking, Squire(Knight), KLLM, Gordon, or others? I have been a master mechanic for 24+ yrs, so i have a good amount of mechanical ability, and I may not be the sharpest crayon in the box, but pretty sharp none the less. Hopefully I can find one that will pay more than $0.25 per mile to start. Any advice is appreciated...Thanx.
icon6.png

P.S. I love this place!!
icon14.png
icon14.png

I know it doesn't really matter what the trucks look like, but MTC trucks are pretty cool, and ....ORANGE? I guess I could. GTI-Baby blue? Good grief, better than pink i guess. Gold looks ok. And red is good too.(except for CRE, my *** hurts just thinkin about them)

I would pay absolutely "zero" attention to what color the trucks are.

Can't think of anything negative about starting out with Schneider, just stick with whoever you start out with for at least a year.

I would pay absolutely "zero" attention to what color the trucks are.

Can't think of anything negative about starting out with Schneider, just stick with whoever you start out with for at least a year.

I really don't care what color they are. As long as it is in good working order so i can keep on rolling. I was just sayinng that a cool lookin truck would be nice, but it will not affect my choice in a company to drive for. I mean who wouldn't like a good lookin truck?

Ummm hopes and dreams... Sorry to say if your not some super veteran that has bowed down to every command said company has demanded from you for the last 5 years your gonna be stuck in some god awful, smelly, underpowered piece of ****. I don't mean to scare you away but unless your an owner operator its really tuff for 1st year noobs cause companies bull**** practice is to lie through their teeth and promise you the world to reel in the drivers and that goes for any company. The best you can hope for is you get a truck that the last guy took care of somewhat.

Ummm hopes and dreams... Sorry to say if your not some super veteran that has bowed down to every command said company has demanded from you for the last 5 years your gonna be stuck in some god awful, smelly, underpowered piece of ****. I don't mean to scare you away but unless your an owner operator its really tuff for 1st year noobs cause companies bull**** practice is to lie through their teeth and promise you the world to reel in the drivers and that goes for any company. The best you can hope for is you get a truck that the last guy took care of somewhat.

I expect it to be rough for the first year, but it doesn't hurt to dream big ya know. I wll make the best of it no matter what they give me, but i am realistic too.

I hear ya, and its good your optimistic. As for companies look up their safety rating via internet, try to sign with a company with a good safety rating. Also and this is what I did and some may dispute it but sign with a smaller company one where your not just a number to them but they know your name

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread