• Hi Guest,
    Do you have a question specific to a particular company? If so, click here for our list of over 50 popular trucking companies. Don't see the company listed? Post your question in our General Trucking Forum for all of our members to see, and we will consider adding a forum specifically for the company you mention.

Schneider trucking offers service at new intermodal facility in Barstow

Mike

BARSTOW — The transportation industry is abuzz after Wisconsin-based Schneider announced that its company has kicked off intermodal service offerings at the BNSF Barstow rail yard.

Schneider officials said last week the new service offers shippers in the eastern region of Southern California, Las Vegas and western Arizona with a “cost-competitive” transportation option to Chicago and markets in the Northeast.

Schneider will utilize the $27 million intermodal facility recently completed at the BNSF rail yard in Barstow, which includes two new production tracks.

The trucking company, which provides truckload, intermodal and logistics services, said that service to and from the Barstow ramp goes straight to Chicago five times a week, with a five-day transit time that’s cost and service competitive.

Gotta love management decisions. Screw up, then move up. Cant manage one division profitably, so lets let him go screw something else up now!
It might technically be a demotion but I'm not sure. I don't know if he's just coming to our little yard or if he's over all of it. If it's just our little yard then he's being punished.

He was supposedly here this morning but I didn't meet him. If he's anything like the old boss I'll introduce myself when we have our first argument. 😂

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread