Scenic Drives

awayigo

What are some nice scenic "off the interstate" drives that are still big rig friendly and a nice change from the interstates?

I liked US-287 from Fort Collins, CO to Laramie, WY instead of taking I-25 all the way to I-80.

Another is US-90 from Laredo, TX to Van Horn, TX instead of I-35 to I-10.

Any more you'd like to share?

When I went to the Bay Area every week, I would occasionally go into Los Angeles, then up 101 along the coastline, though it is mainly interstate at this point. Still a nice drive.

The season is starting to change and I'd like to post some pictures of the foliage along rte 43 and rte 22 through southern ohio. Just to give an idea. It's not as beautiful as New England, but it can be a soothing, pleasant ride. Can we post pictures here?

Man, the urge to travel now reading these posts are over whelming. I need time away form trucks and trailers and job pressures. I just wish I could jump on a bike and travel and take a few pictures and sit and meet new people without the better get moving pressure on my back.

If you are in California, the Pacific Coast Highway is a great scenic drive if you like mountains and the ocean. It's a nice drive for anybody who loves the ocean.

#4- I-70 through Vale, Colorado

#3- Hwy 89 between Ogden and Logan (Winter on a clear night)

#2- I-90 through Idaho

#1- I-84 outside of Portland, OR along the Columbia

A nice view out the window almost makes it seem like you're not working. Its one of the great things about being on the road.

sr 29 in North carolina is nice and 40 in pennsylvania is nice also, not reccommended if you have a really heavy load or are short on time. :cool:

The 101 here in California is great, you get amazing ocean views. There have been many times where I have seen dolphins and whales just driving down the freeway.

The season is starting to change and I'd like to post some pictures of the foliage along rte 43 and rte 22 through southern ohio. Just to give an idea. It's not as beautiful as New England, but it can be a soothing, pleasant ride. Can we post pictures here?

Maine along Route 2 and 1. Stunning in the fall!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread