Scared myself

** Commie Express **
Premium
Woke up, pulled back the curtain and scared the crap out of myself. Thought I was in another dimension. I hate shiny tankers.

mirror-1.jpg

View attachment 6517

No the worst is when you think the truck beside you is rolling forward...

About thirty years ago or so I stopped in a wide spot on the shoulder of I-5 near Coalinga, CA and took a short nap laying over the steering wheel.
While I was asleep a truck backed in very close in front of me and parked with his marker lights on....When I woke up there was a truck to my immediate left backing up slowly to park.
All I saw was a truck right in front of me and a truck that it looked like I was passing it....I jammed on the brakes and tried to steer to the right to avoid the rear ender that I just KNEW I was about to have! My heart was in my throat and I was scared shltless that I was about to die in a firey crash!

When I realized that I was stopped, I looked around and the guy to my right was laughing his ass off!

I never slept over the wheel again.

Back in the 80's I drove for newway love. They hauled carpet out of dalton ga. Had a yard in grand rapids and one in anderson IN. I was out of the anderson hub. We would get road trucks come in and bump the dock. Some would nap over the wheel. We had a driver that would pull a bobtail up and lay on the air horn. It is just lucky no one had a heart attack and no one got beat to death.

At that same co I chalked the wheels and dropped a empty in the door. Then went and hooked to the loaded trailer. It was winter time. Next thing I notice is the trailer pulling out with no tractor..... shortly after the fork truck driver was headed the the tractor to cuss me out for pulling the trailer out as he was entering the trailer. The fork trucks have 12 foot poles on them to load carpet. He went flying up the dock plate and when his front tires hit the trailer floor he got on the brakes. Back wheels still on the dock plate. He pushed the trailer out and the fork truck hit the ground. The roll of carpet still on the pole was on the trailer floor. Front wheels of the fork truck was way up in the air. Back wheels on the ground. If the trailer was not there would have looked like he was riding a wheelie in the parking lot....

My uncle always told me if you are have to pull over and sleep, Try to pull into a area where there are no trucks in front of you.. He said he woke up a few times and it scared the hell out of him too.

I lost track of how many times I've woken up in a truck driven by a co-driver and freaked out thinking nobody was behind the wheel for some reason.

At that same co I chalked the wheels and dropped a empty in the door...

The only time I've ever chalked a wheel was when I was checking to see if the trailer brakes were frozen. I can see if the front axle hubs are turning, but sometimes can't tell about the rear trailer axle. So I put a chalk mark on the tire.

The worst is when the truck next to you is rolling forward very slowly and you think you are rolling back.

I intentionally do it at intersections to freak drivers out. Just creep, ever so slowly and watch the look on their faces as they check their mirrors. Comedy.

I always like it when I see an older couple passing me slowly. I put my head back, close my left eye and my mouth wide open. Some beep their horn and without opening my eye I turn my head. I had one old lady shaking her index finger at me.

I intentionally do it at intersections to freak drivers out. Just creep, ever so slowly and watch the look on their faces as they check their mirrors. Comedy.

I always like it when I see an older couple passing me slowly. I put my head back, close my left eye and my mouth wide open. Some beep their horn and without opening my eye I turn my head. I had one old lady shaking her index finger at me.

You guys!

View attachment 16911
View attachment 16911

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread